folding knife

Manuel Tacus

Hi guys:

This is my first folding knife. I made it some months ago.

It has the spanish sistem ¨de carraca¨.

The blade is mosaic-chevron patern, the bolsters are mosaic, the scales are elephant ivory with imperial topaz.

unfortunatly i didnt take pictures of the process.

i hope you like it :)

14704405482_edf30c2ea4_b.jpg

That's a really pretty knife! You did a great job of capturing the Spanish look, nicely done!

“If you trust in yourself. . . believe in your dreams. . . and follow your star. . . you will still get beaten by the people who have spent their time working hard and learning things, the people who weren't so lazy.” ~ Terry Pratchett

A stunning piece! Really beautiful! I'll have to try and work out that mechanism...pity no process photos!

To become old and wise... You first have to survive being young and foolish! ;) Ikisu.blogsot.com. Email; milesikisu@gmail.com mobile: +27784653651

Thanks Miles, Collin !

I choosed this mecanism because i own an early 1900s toledan folding knife from my grandfather, and love the sound it does when openned

¨cra cra cra cra¨ that is why its named carraca :)

Can you give a picture of the mechanism, or a drawing, or something? It's a fine piece of work, but, as another maker rather than a collector, it's the mechanics that are interesting to me.

Geoff

"The worst day smithing is better than the best day working for someone else."

I said that.

If a thing is worth doing, it is worth doing badly.

- - -G. K. Chesterton

So, just for the record: the fact that it does work still should not be taken as definitive proof that you are not crazy.

Grant Sarver

That's really gorgeous, and I'm impressed when I see a guy who works fluently in sword scale or folder scale work...
You South American makers are really coming on strong these days!

Please come and waste some otherwise perfectly good time, looking at my knives!

www.prometheanknives.com

thanks very much guys !!

Geoff: this is a link to a post from an spanish maker who shows the mecanism with many pictures. Its very simple to do, but requires some adjustement to work correctly.

http://armasblancas.mforos.com/936813/8057077-inicio-de-bandolera-4-muelles/

Thank you for the link. Yours appears to have a secondary lock, can you tell us how that works? I've never done one of these, but now my imagination is all fired up, I may have to try one (or 50, to get it right :D).

Geoff

"The worst day smithing is better than the best day working for someone else."

I said that.

If a thing is worth doing, it is worth doing badly.

- - -G. K. Chesterton

So, just for the record: the fact that it does work still should not be taken as definitive proof that you are not crazy.

Grant Sarver