Dave Stephens

A Single Edged Viking Sword WIP: Florianek/Stephens Collaboration

Absolutely stunning! What a beautiful piece.

By all that is holy, that's a fine sword!!! :ph34r:

I had to wait until just now to watch the video, and Petr posted the still photos while I was watching it, which just added to the experience.  Petr, my hat is off to you (always, of course!) but in this instance for using pressblech!  I thought it was chasing until you said that.  I am even more gobsmacked now!  

I think I'm gonna have to go lie down now...

• Like 1

Holy hell gentlemen; you certainly put forth your right foot.  Damn that is a fine sword.  I aspire to make something half of that one of these days.  Cheers to you both!!

Just too cool! This is my new favorite! I like how the guard and pommel are scortched on either side. 

I'm sorry it took so long to comment. I must have fainted and been asleep for the last few days............

Gents, I congratulate you both. That is an absolutely stunning work of the art. Exceptional mastery displayed.

Only one word comes to mind: superb.

I just looked up how to make the induction forge and it's all geek to me! Any way to improvise with a welder?(Mine, [Dad's, properly speaking.] is a Lincoln 225 amp stick welder that my dead grandpa bought used 40 years ago.), or would that damage the welder?

Miss your post elder brother. It's a long time.