Dave Stephens

A Single Edged Viking Sword WIP: Florianek/Stephens Collaboration

Yes! It is alive! (again) the hilt sketch looks fantastic. Any chance Petr, of some photos during the antler carving?

I have been busy searching for a fabled Arctic Fire video of Petr demonstrating bone carving but have been unable to locate the video.

• Like 1

I second what Joshua States said! I was looking for the videos from Arctic Fire, Grendel's hoard recently, and was unable to find them anywhere. 

The sword is very nice, though! Can't wait to see it finished. 

Collin/Joshua:

The AF 2016 videos are being edited and will be released as soon as possible. It's one of the realities of this thing: The live shots are the easy ones. Editing them down to useable/watchable finished products is the thing that takes time. 

We outsourced the production of the broadcast to a great local Alaskan company of professional film makers.  They are also doing the editing.  However, they are doing so "on spec," meaning that they hope after they're released they can make some money on them through a lot of views on youtube.  This means that they edit it between all the paying jobs they get. 

It took AF 2013 two years before we had a finished product to release.  It wouldn't surprise me if AF 2016 took just as long.

You know the old adage: Good/Fast/Cheap . . . choose two. Well, with AF it's good and cheap.

Grins,

Dave

• Like 2

On ‎12‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 4:14 PM, Dave Stephens said:

Well, with AF it's good and cheap.

I disagree. With AF it's wicked f***ing awesome and free. Just checking, no rush. Like Miracle Max said.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcU_obSV_n4

38 minutes ago, Marty Blake said:

Will there be dvd's that can be purchased?

There are none. It's all free online.  Are you looking for 2012 or 2013? 2016 has not been released yet.

I followed the first one online, missed 2013 and was wondering about 2016. Free is good too. :)

Just the kind of thing I like to rewatch, You all out so much work in and it really is amazing to watch it all happen.

On 12/15/2017 at 10:14 AM, Dave Stephens said:

Collin/Joshua:

The AF 2016 videos are being edited and will be released as soon as possible. It's one of the realities of this thing: The live shots are the easy ones. Editing them down to useable/watchable finished products is the thing that takes time. 

We outsourced the production of the broadcast to a great local Alaskan company of professional film makers.  They are also doing the editing.  However, they are doing so "on spec," meaning that they hope after they're released they can make some money on them through a lot of views on youtube.  This means that they edit it between all the paying jobs they get. 

It took AF 2013 two years before we had a finished product to release.  It wouldn't surprise me if AF 2016 took just as long.

You know the old adage: Good/Fast/Cheap . . . choose two. Well, with AF it's good and cheap.

Grins,

Dave

Hi Dave, I just watched the AF 2013. I really enjoyed it, it is well made and edited, in my opinion, and it's really nice to see how much fun you guys had. 

I would really like to see the other(s) but definitely can't find them. Do you have a link or something?

Cheers

Fra

1 hour ago, Dave Stephens said:

Fra,

The 2012 Videos are here:

http://www.arcticfire.org/videos.html

2016 still to be released.

Dave

Thank you very much. I wish i could have streamed the 2016... oh well... next one...

It would be incredible to be there working with you guys... maybe one day...

On ‎1‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 11:15 PM, Francesco Muci said:

It would be incredible to be there working with you guys... maybe one day.

I would happily settle for cooking for them just so I could be in the same room and feel like I contributed something!

On 1/15/2018 at 10:08 PM, Joshua States said:

I would happily settle for cooking for them just so I could be in the same room and feel like I contributed something!

Well, my lasagna recipe is award-winning (literally)...

The sword is coming out outrageously stunning

Can't wait to see this one finished. The flow of the carving that you guys do is awesome. You guys should send a blade back in time just to see how the scops would sing it into myth and legend. All of a sudden it would be some national treasure :lol:

Just to be clear: There's no "you guys" in the carving department on this one.  Petr's 100% of the carving. And yeah, he's the F- - - - ng man when it comes to this sort of thing.

Thanks guys.

5 hours ago, Dave Stephens said:

For those of you that didn't see Petr's last post on Facebook.

Looking pretty cool, eh?

I nominate David Stephens for the "Understatement of the Century" award.

Dude! That's ........no words.

Wow that looks awesome!

Holy Mother of Odin, king of all Gods... and I'll throw in Zeus to, just for some back up... Petr, your work is awesome!

Edited by Francesco Muci

16 hours ago, Petr Florianek said:

27500799_1648311401873973_1281937290830153438_o.jpg

The carving in the antler on the sheath (I hope I am not mistaken) is beautiful but the embossed face in the leather caught my eye. Do you have any pic of the process which led to that result? And, any ideao of the timeframe for the cast of the pommel? I can't wait to see it finished!

Looking quite awesome so far.  Can't wait to see the pressblech!