Brother Seaxes Collaboration

The blades look real nice, It'll be even better when they go through the quench and get a little bit of nose dive.

Make sure and round off the transitions, by the way.

Yep that's on my to do list. And if I read another post here right Oil makes the blades nose dive versus water makes them curve up?

The steel doesn't seem to harden in oil like the last leaf did, so I may be stuck with a water quench.

Looking good, Karter! I have never done, or considered a seax before coming to this site. Now after seeing all the great works, I will have to venture to that end if the pool! Can't wait to see your's completed!

Lol thanks Dennis

Yep that's on my to do list. And if I read another post here right Oil makes the blades nose dive versus water makes them curve up?

Water can cause sori, but in my experience, at that length and without clay, the sori is either nonexistent or negligable. And oil does cause nose dive most of the time, but from what I've read it can be somewhat unpredictable.

I'm loving those blades.. I can't wait to get my hands on them to make the handles and fittings. Very proud of Karter, he needed a few tries to get there but I always knew he would pull it off.

Now it's fingers crossed for the quench!

I'm loving those blades.. I can't wait to get my hands on them to make the handles and fittings. Very proud of Karter, he needed a few tries to get there but I always knew he would pull it off.

Now it's fingers crossed for the quench!

Hopefully it goes well, I'll keep you posted =)