Had a lot of fun making this, discovered it's quite hard to make a knife to fit a sheath!!!(I normally do it the other way around, but as my good friend KT sent me the sheath, I tried to make something to 'go with it' allways liked the old 'shefield look' so here is the toothless wolf, courtesy of some over zealous hammering, ( I need a press!) At least it's all in one piece! Etched with 'pickling gel, which I use when soldering stainless...DSC00862.jpg

DSC00859.jpg

DSC00865.jpg

And KT's stunning piece of work!

DSC00866.jpg

And some cold bluing paste appllied, (holts)

DSC00867.jpg

Handle is oryx horn,(gemsbok) giraffe bone and fallow deer antler with leather spacers, thanks for taking a look, and crits welcomed!DSC00863.jpg

Yes the whole package works Miles and KT. Miles I saved a photo of your file work once before, and I am saving this as well because I would like to imitate it.

The bluing though really adds contrast to the white antler. I have to ask how you got such an even finish, I usually streak mine?

Gary T.

Thanks all! Gary the 'pickling gel' seemed to help, as it always streaks when I use Holts cold blue, but I smeared it on quickly with a cloth, and it's the best result I've had! You'll need a round, triangle and flat file (with toothed edges) for this pattern, I usualy use a half round in stead of triangle, but can't for the life of me find it!

those two look great together. Yes - you need a press! We all need a press (can't run a home or raise a child without a hydraulic press)!

seriously, that has the right look with just a bit of pattern welding to jazz it up.

Thanks prof. I was cringing waiting for your crit, as you always call a spade a spade, (a few others do too!) So I'm a happy chap with all the positive feedback! (Next one will be beter!) Thanks all!