So I have a few projects to through up as I have not been on here in a while. I figured I would space the postings out a little bit though.

Bloodwood

Blade
Pattern Welded Steel (15N20, 1084), Silver, Bloodwood

Scabbard
Bloodwood, Leather, Brass

I hope you like it!

bloodwood.jpg

bloodwoodcloseup1.jpg

bloodwoodcloseup2.jpg

Kevin!!! I'm so jealous! Well done, superb piece of craftmanship! Wish I had a great mentor! You're a talented man!!!

Very Beautiful blade. And a very functional design. I like it. The Wood/Leather Sheath mix is a Great Idea. I may have to try it myself.

Thanks for the Inspiration and for posting your Beautiful work.

Lovely blade, and very creative with the leather/wood scabbard. Nice work!

That is a very beautiful knife! The pattern weld is deceptive also, from a first glance it looked like very low layer kind of random pattern, but there is really a huge amount of character and grain within it, very very nice!

Thank you all for your kind words. My goal was to make a fairly simple blade at fast glance with details showing up upon closer inspection. The wood and leather scabbard is an idea I am trying to push farther in terms or construction and embellishment. It was the first time I ever tried something like that, so I figured I would keep it simple.

Man! That's some damn nice work. I really like the pattern textures on the blade, very organic. Plus the precise mosaic bolster really screams that you're in complete control of the piece.

Thanks for showing us!

Dave

Elias! I look forward to it as well. I am still a TA for JD's class for this upcoming year. You should stop by sometime.

Dave, thank you for pointing out what you did. I am constantly striving to find a way to present steel in a very organic fashion while still representing an ability to control the materials which I work with. I greatly appreciate hearing that people are picking up on it. I am still fairly new to this field. I have to been making blades for less then three years now and each time I pick up a project I really try to push myself and develop farther.