Jesus Hernandez

Something different for me

5 twisted rods on each side of the core arranged 3:2 and 2:3 to make each side a bit different and two additional rods to make the edges.

Length is 31.5 inches for the blade. Weight 1.2 kilograms blade. 5.8 cm width at the base tapering to 4 cm. 5 mm thick at the base tapering to 3 mm.

A bit on the longish-side of historical samples.

Type H hilt made of laminated iron and copper.
01.jpg03.jpg05.jpg06.jpg07.jpg

Very smart patern! That is one cool looking sword!!! Love the different sides, amazing how they changed, beautifull work!

Whoa Jesus, great weapon and what a beautiful blade! Always love to see your work. Hopefully see more of it at Bowie's this year?

Dan

Jesus, that is a way cool idea for the core bars! The only other example of this I can think of is the Vehmaa sword, which I suspect was inspiration? :) Super tight and I love the nice light grey of the pattern.

How did you handle the transition between the sections of the core?

Holy Crap! :blink: Just when I think you can't surprise me... :lol: Awesomeness, Jesus, and I love the stacked leather grip.

Thanks guys.

Dan, I plan to be at Bowie’s but the sword will be long gone from my hands by then.

Emiliano, good insight on the Vehmaa sword. Unfortunately I fell way short on that. The transition between rods was a variation of a lap weld.

Alan, it’s actually a wooden core wrapped in leather and I plan on keeping the surprises coming for as long as I can.

This sword was in my bucket list of things to do and I was not planning on making any more like it but it took some much time to make the tools to make the sword that I might just have to put my investment to good use and make another one.

great work

Wow. This one requires study to fully appreciate what you have done here... so much variety in a relatively simple pattern...

Well done man!

I think no one would begrudge you having to make more like this! Seriously awesome work, Jesus!

Nice! I like the asymmetry, it adds a really strange dynamic to the otherwise plain and simple Migration style sword. Great job!

Very nice work Jesus!
Beautiful form on that blade.
A nice twist for the pattern!

You keep delivering!!!!

Love the low layers bars! also extremely clean welding, I'm just wondering what you gonna make next! :blink:

Very Interesting Jesus!!.. Got me sitting here staring and thinking... I like that..

Exceptional work! Just like everyone else, I love that pattern.

This is great Jesus! I love the blade profile and shallow fuller.

Once again.. I'm really liking these lower layer count patterns...