The Long Haul

Kevin Klein

This is my favorite project to date. It is an 11.5 inch blade, 17.75 inches overall. A very high layer count integral, around 2,500 layers. Low layer count damascus "ears" on the handle. The blade and the scabbard are both made from bocote, pattern welded steel and silver. The scabbard also has a hand tooled leather back with the loop inlaid into the wood so that it does not protrude uncomfortably. Questions, comments and criticisms welcome :)

LongHaul1.jpg

LongHaul2.jpg

LongHaul2 copy.jpg

Kevin Klein

Wow man that is exceptional. I really like the way you brought this all together

I'm getting to the point where I am close to being caught up with posting projects on here. I'm guna have to finish some more work if I want to keep posting.

Bone was the goal. I wanted it to look like bone without trying to make a spitting image of a bone. General gist I guess

Kevin Klein

perfection.

Jake Cleland - Skye Knives

www.knifemaker.co.uk

"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."

"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler."

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."

Albert Einstein

Holy shit.

That is unbelievably awesome.

-----------------------------------------------

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly." -- Theodore Roosevelt

http://stephensforge.com

L

http://bearclawknives.com/ my mentor and his friends once told me there os no problem that cant be solved with a fine cigar and a pot of coffee

you know some people just need a sympathetic pat.....on the head........with sledge hammer

Seven Points Forge by the Bay

Good god man, that is an incredible piece of art. You should accept no less than the asking price for it. Coincidentally I am using Bocote on the knife I am working on now, except you were far more imaginative than I. Great work, I hope it sells. One question though, how long did it take you to make the knife? How many hours and elapsed days weeks or months did it take from start to finished? Thx

Edited by Matt Todd

Love the sheath

http://bearclawknives.com/ my mentor and his friends once told me there os no problem that cant be solved with a fine cigar and a pot of coffee

you know some people just need a sympathetic pat.....on the head........with sledge hammer

Man how the hell do y'all get choils like that by hand amazing

I have developed a sort of 'cringe' when I see you've posted! Both love and hate seeing your creativity! Stunning work!

To become old and wise... You first have to survive being young and foolish! ;) Ikisu.blogsot.com. Email; milesikisu@gmail.com mobile: +27784653651

Good god man, that is an incredible piece of art. You should accept no less than the asking price for it. Coincidentally I am using Bocote on the knife I am working on now, except you were far more imaginative than I. Great work, I hope it sells. One question though, how long did it take you to make the knife? How many hours and elapsed days weeks or months did it take from start to finished? Thx

Man how the hell do y'all get choils like that by hand amazing

Thank you everyone, I am overwhelmed by your comments. I am honestly not sure how long this project took, I tend to work on more then one

thing at a time. A habit I am trying to break so that I can complete more work within a reasonable amount of time. Something I am rally starting to see the value now that I have taken on knife making as a full time job.

The Choil/Spanish Notch was all jewelers saw work and needle files. Where it tapers out and gets really thin I had to use the jewelers saw as a scraper because my needle files would not fit in.

Kevin Klein

It is my sincere hope that he will surpass me in every way! He's off to a great start!

JD I've sen your work and when Kevin has the years you do I have no doubt he will be well beyond where any if us are