This is my favorite project to date. It is an 11.5 inch blade, 17.75 inches overall. A very high layer count integral, around 2,500 layers. Low layer count damascus "ears" on the handle. The blade and the scabbard are both made from bocote, pattern welded steel and silver. The scabbard also has a hand tooled leather back with the loop inlaid into the wood so that it does not protrude uncomfortably. Questions, comments and criticisms welcome :)

LongHaul1.jpg

LongHaul2.jpg

LongHaul2 copy.jpg

Wow man that is exceptional. I really like the way you brought this all together

Dude! Enough awesomeness already, make something less cool! :lol:

The eared handle looks like the distal end of a deer femur, did you use that as a model?

Brilliant! Way beyond the norm! Love the "bone" handle. (i guess it's based on a bone handle). Great work.

I'm getting to the point where I am close to being caught up with posting projects on here. I'm guna have to finish some more work if I want to keep posting.

Bone was the goal. I wanted it to look like bone without trying to make a spitting image of a bone. General gist I guess

Very cool! Beautiful work on all levels. Thanks for showing it.

Tom

There's a lot of creativity going on in this one. So many parts to make up the whole.. cool stuff.

Holy hell, that is gorgeous Kevin. Seriously beautiful work. Looks inspired by a kard dagger.

That is freaking sweet!

L

Daaaaamn dude! Every new knife you post becomes my favorite! This is awesome on innumerable levels, keep it up :D

Good god man, that is an incredible piece of art. You should accept no less than the asking price for it. Coincidentally I am using Bocote on the knife I am working on now, except you were far more imaginative than I. Great work, I hope it sells. One question though, how long did it take you to make the knife? How many hours and elapsed days weeks or months did it take from start to finished? Thx

Edited by Matt Todd

Love the sheath

Man how the hell do y'all get choils like that by hand amazing

Every thing about this project is OUTSTANDING. KT

I have developed a sort of 'cringe' when I see you've posted! Both love and hate seeing your creativity! Stunning work!

Good god man, that is an incredible piece of art. You should accept no less than the asking price for it. Coincidentally I am using Bocote on the knife I am working on now, except you were far more imaginative than I. Great work, I hope it sells. One question though, how long did it take you to make the knife? How many hours and elapsed days weeks or months did it take from start to finished? Thx

Man how the hell do y'all get choils like that by hand amazing

Thank you everyone, I am overwhelmed by your comments. I am honestly not sure how long this project took, I tend to work on more then one

thing at a time. A habit I am trying to break so that I can complete more work within a reasonable amount of time. Something I am rally starting to see the value now that I have taken on knife making as a full time job.

The Choil/Spanish Notch was all jewelers saw work and needle files. Where it tapers out and gets really thin I had to use the jewelers saw as a scraper because my needle files would not fit in.

It is my sincere hope that he will surpass me in every way! He's off to a great start!

It is my sincere hope that he will surpass me in every way! He's off to a great start!

JD I've sen your work and when Kevin has the years you do I have no doubt he will be well beyond where any if us are