owen bush

Ashokan 2015....

Peter we will have to set up a skype chat or something... but you will Be there in spirit regardless!

MP

Well after speaking to my wife.. looks like I'm putting this on the calendar. I'm so, so, so excited.. will finally be able to meet a lot of people. Peter.. poor luck for me that my first sword Ashokan and no Peter Johnsson. :-( That is another event I hope to be able to put on a calendar at some point... (if it becomes annual).

Sorry to be the bad-news bear(er), but Ashokan Sword has been been put off until 2016.

Rats!

Noooooooooooo!!!

Sorry to be the bad-news bear(er), but Ashokan Sword has been been put off until 2016.

Rats!

Beg pardon? I see nothing on their website about this... just the old 2014 info. What gives?

Edited by Christopher Price

I can't speak to the website, nor am I privy to the inner workings, but this is from Dan and Tim. Not just a rumor.

Edited by Jim Kelso

NOOOOOOO WHHHHHYYYYYYYY? damn that was one of the highlights of my year! well still normal ashoken is still good ... but.....

MP

Hmmn, thats my injection of stars and stripes prosponed for another year.....

I was really looking forward to it!

damn, damn, damn, damn.

I will still be there, mind you. Every year. I need that fix.

but I was so looking forward to the sword gathering.

Well, bugger. The only bright side is that in another year I might actually have a sword to show...

I'll be there regardless so lets make it an awesome year anyways ! For those of you stateside, you should still come, because even if it's not a sword year, it's still an annual event that's very worth the spot on you calender

Yep, I was in touch with them directly,as I mentioned.

As Justin says, it's always a fine event, regardless of being a sword year or not.

Early Iron was canceled for 2 weekends from now due to insufficient registrations (the north east blacksmith association spring meet is still ongoing at Ashokan that same weekend)

The New England Bladesmith Guild Ashokan Seminar (Or just "Ashokan" as we all call it) is not cancled, but it's not going to be 'sword year' this year. As I understand it, this is the same situation that happened in 2010, with sword year being pushed out to 2011 due to the unavailability of Peter Johnsson who was due to be the keynote speaker in 2010 but had a conflict.

Everyone who can should still go, as it's a fantastic time, and WELL worth the expense. It's become one of the few "must attend" events for me every year (and for me it's replaced the British Invasion in stowe vt and the NH Highland games at loon mountain which always are the same weekend as Ashokan)

I'll be a little late in arriving on Friday, as I'll be driving down from Auburn Maine after attending a weeklong class at the New England School of Metalwork, but I'll be there none the less!

So, it's Peter's fault. :ph34r:

Can't wait to meet him in person, finally, be it this year or next.

There's a pretty spiff event happening in Germany this year that is part of the conflict for a few notable smiths: https://www.facebook.com/SwordExhibition

Registration is open!

http://myemail.constantcontact.com/Ashokan-Blade-Forging-Seminar.html?soid=1102372299638&aid=AFP1EbFKSyQ

I hope no one minds me dropping this here since I'm not affiliated with the hosts. It just occurred to me after I registered that no one put it on the forum yet.

So who all is going to make it this weekend? I am going, sound off guys!

MP

Looking forward to it. -Doug

Wish I could be there. Just can't miss Peter's exhibit in Germany.

Next year for sure!

Enjoy guys.

Dave

Hoped to make it, but picked up a cold somewhere. Have fun, and if anyone wants my membership, toss me a line if it's not too late. Next year (a sword year!) for sure.