Matt Stagmer

The making of a double helix sword from Zelda (MAN AT ARMS)

In our current episode of MAN AT ARMS : REFORGED we tackle our toughest blade yet. Both the forging and the grinding were a true test of our skill.

Keep in mind that we are given 6 days to make 6 builds for a season. The blade turned out pretty awesome. There were some wonky parts but all in all I was thrilled at the outcome.

I hope you enjoy this build,

Matt Stagmer

image.jpg

Nice! I didn't realize what little time you have to complete these builds!

You guys are insane, but in the best way!

I know right? When we first agreed to make this we were going to just plasma cut the blade blank, but that would have still left an amazing amount of sculpting on the grinder so we just decided to go all out.

Wicked cool!!!

Great job.

I watched this as soon as it was uploaded on Monday, and was very impressed. I also didn't realize that you had such a small time frame to work with, I'm really glad you went with the PW though. I've got stuff from the summer of 2013 I still need to finish!

Thanks fellas! Any of you that have attempted this sort of construction now how we must have felt doing it in such a sort time frame with no chance of recovering if we messed up.

I can't wait to show you all the insanity that we do in a few of the future episodes. Some how we managed to step it up even more after this build.

Love the show. You guys demonstrate amazing skill and creativity at what you do. Can't wait to see next week's episode.

I have to say you guys are inspiring I only just started but have dreamt of forging Zenda swords I was going to try the big gorons sword but I need to practice first

Thanks fellas! Even though we are in a rush during these builds, we try to show as much ligit process as possible.

Edited by Matt Stagmer