sword shaped object

So I was in the shop the other say and 8 cooked up this glamdring inspired object for my nephew's Christmas present. Needless to say there a a few tolline fans in our family. (Pretty much all of us). Pine ground to shape with spray paint and cord wrapped handle and we habe a boys dream of a wooden sword. I hope you all enjoy this even if it is not in steel. I hope one day to make something similar but right now I'm only on my third knife.20141203_075045.jpg20141203_075134.jpg20141201_214920.jpg

that is going to be a winning gift. what a cool thing for a kid. Looks good, too! (strangely, I can work metal better than wood, so I would never make a wooden sword, it would look like a broken oar).

Pretty cool! I've made some very amateurish wooden swords for sparring, but nothing like that.

That would be a perfect Christmas gift for my grand daughter in Alaska, though it's a little big for her as she is just 3 years. I will have to make her something similar until she is ready for real knives in the next year or so.