DIY: Dremel Sanding Bands

That is a great idea.

The brown Dremel bands are way over priced and wear out quickly on metal.

I'll probably never get around to making any of my own, but I certainly appreciate you sharing your information.

Geko,

Very nice , good idea. Thanks

The other day someone posted a very clean way of making micarta , by placing sheets in a polyethylene box ( very nice as well)...but this is even cleaner. Why not make some micarta over a paper covered mandrel say 3/4" to (larger) diameter and wrap the material ( saturate while it is under tension) , build up enough for the thickness of two scales, pull off and press. One could use the full width of material or work in scrap strips or banding and overlap. If sized just right the corners may even create an interesting look on the finished handle.

I think this winding method is used for fishing poles and graphite shafts..( no pressing ).

Jan

Edited by Jan Ysselstein

thank you guy´s.

im happy that you like it.

Geko,

Very nice , good idea. Thanks

The other day someone posted a very clean way of making micarta , by placing sheets in a polyethylene box ( very nice as well)...but this is even cleaner. Why not make some micarta over a paper covered mandrel say 3/4" to (larger) diameter and wrap the material ( saturate while it is under tension) , build up enough for the thickness of two scales, pull off and press. One could use the full width of material or work in scrap strips or banding and overlap. If sized just right the corners may even create an interesting look on the finished handle.

I think this winding method is used for fishing poles and graphite shafts..( no pressing ).

Jan

sounds like a interesting idea. but i stay with my way of making micarta.

cheers, geko