Filming for "slow craft" tv show with BBC 4

Hi Jerrod,

cheers for the comments.

I made one knife blade during the 3 days of filming, and then remade another as they came back to film for another day to infill some bits they did not manage to get first time around.. possibly a 3rd for burning handles in?

I work 2 or 3 pieces in the fire normally, I normally burn gas and normally run a power hammer...I will work only one piece if I am concentrating on it.

Its very hard to judge pace? I work quick (I think) but have often had it commented that I look like I am working slowly when I forge. I don't think its the case.

twisting has its own pace dependant on size of stock . just did 170 full twists in 8 inches of material for an ongoing experiment in getting twisted stars within other twisted bars.....

That was wonderful. The most relaxing had and hour I have had in a while. Cinematography was beautiful and how they mix the sound in was really well done.

Congrats, Owen and the crew that put it together.

I too was very impressed by this. I kept waiting for someone to say something at some point. I don't know if they slowed any of the footage down during post production but it definitely looked like most of what you did was at a much slower pace than I go. (That might be part of my problem, too much hurry and not enough thought lol.) I'd enjoy seeing more shows like this one.

Very nice.

Really enjoyed it.

That was great Owen! I really enjoyed watching that, the no commentary was weird at first but after a few minutes I didn't even notice it and was more absorbed in what you were doing.

Watched it. Consider it a half-hour well spent. The cinematography, lighting, pacing.... all really nice. The lack of a soundtrack made the whole think more compelling, I thought. I was on the edge of my seat wondering what would happen next.