Big fighter with walrus-ivory

Oh man! that is just superb Gerhard!!!

To become old and wise... You first have to survive being young and foolish! ;) Ikisu.blogsot.com. Email; milesikisu@gmail.com mobile: +27784653651

absolutely beautiful

The smith also sitteth by the anvil,

And fighteth with the heat of the furnace,

And noise of the hammer and the anvil is ever in his ears,

And his eyes look still upon the pattern of the thing that he maketh,

He setteth his mind to finish his work,

And waitethto polish it perfectly.

-Ecclesiasticus

I love that bronze(?) guard, and the ivory works really well with the forge finish and the etch on that hamon. Outstanding lines, too.

“If you trust in yourself. . . believe in your dreams. . . and follow your star. . . you will still get beaten by the people who have spent their time working hard and learning things, the people who weren't so lazy.” ~ Terry Pratchett

great work, again!

question - what do you quench your blades in?

this is one of the coolest hamons I have ever seen.

kc

please visit my website http://www.professorsforge.com/

“Years ago I recognized my kinship with all living things, and I made up my mind that I was not one bit better than the meanest on the earth. I said then and I say now, that while there is a lower class, I am in it; while there is a criminal element, I am of it; while there is a soul in prison, I am not free.” E. V. Debs

thank you all for your posts!

@kevin,

this one was a clayless quench in polymer like so many others before.

and like so many others before it has its different look...

but I´m really happy, what came out here.

@caleb,

the spine shows the remaining forged surface, sandblast and brushed with a rotating steelbrush.

My Webpage

ceterum censeo ferrum esse cudendum!

gerhard a.d. 2007

That's one of those pieces that gets a WWWhoa baby, when you first put your eyes on it! The workmanship is so flawless, that you begin to look for anything that you could call a flaw and.............well there is none!

That is just one of the finest pieces of workmanship I have seen in a while! A big, two thumbs up!

Edited by C Craft

C Craft Customs ~~~ With every custom knife I build I try to accomplish three things. I want that knife to look so good you just have to pick it up, feel so good in your hand you can't wait to try it, and once you use it, you never want to put it down ! If I capture those three factors in each knife I build, I am assured the knife will become a piece that is used and treasured by its owner! ~~~ C Craft

Always a joy to see your work. What amazes me is that over the years I've watched you, though I fail to see anything to improve upon, you still push the bar higher and continue to improve.

George Ezell, bladesmith

" How much useful knowledge is lost by the scattered forms in which it is ushered to the world! How many solitary students spend half their lives in making discoveries which had been perfected a century before their time, for want of a condensed exhibition of what is known."
Buffon

view some of my work

RelicForge on facebook