I'm hoping to find someone who would have some W2 barstock or round stock they would sell. I have a few sword orders to get started on and Aldo is out and not expecting a shipment until 06/15. I have several 50pd powerhamers so I can draw it down if it's not to large. Thanks, Wes

Wes, I have some 1 7/8"(I think) round from Don that I could trade for some of Aldos when it comes in. Let me check the size, prob fit a flat rate usps box.

jm

Well, I haven't placed an order with him yet. This info was from his secretary, he hasn't gotten back to me yet. Would you still be interested in selling any?

Wes, I have both round and square that I bought from Don a number of years back when he had a lot. I would be willing to trade for some L6 assuming that you could swing that.

Joe

Edited by jdm61

Not to hijack but I would also be interested in the barstock to buy sometime soon.

If you follow the link and fill out the order specs, you will see it as "out of stock". I spoke with ALDO yesterday and he confirmed that, and is not expecting a shipment until May if his order gets placed. I decided to go with his low manganese 1075 for now but would like to purchase some W2 from members here if Christmas is good to me. USAknifemakers has very little W2 actually in stock and what they do have is not in the dimensions I need.

Wes, what dimensions do you need? I have some of Aldo's, plus some from Hanson (1 3/4" rounds).

I am wanting some W2 barstock .375x1, or some round stock that I can work down; nothing to large as my hammers are only 50pders.

What I have isn't that thick, but I could forge one of the big rounds down to that next week.

Yes, you are right....it appears he is out of the .250". Of course, before I replied earlier, I checked his W2 stock. The 1/8". He has that....and the 3/16", but looks to be out of the 1/4.

I have several orders for katana's with 29.5" blades and the cross section and the tsuba will be just over .250 when finished so the available barstock thickness is undersized.

I have a waki that I forged out a couple of years ago and never finished. I will try to remember what size of round I used.I am thinking 1 1/8 or 1 1/4. I did it on another guy's 100 pound Big Blu that was rather out of tune..