2015 Fire & Brimstone

Just got back home. Thanks Kerry, Matt, Sam and Ilya and everyone else that made this gathering possible this year. Great to see you all guys specially the smelting crew (Mark, Denis, Zeb with the newest addition of Daniel Cauble) and the best cook this side of the Appalachian mountains, Doug. Great to see everyone that was able to make it there this year, you all have come to be great friends and it puts a smile on my face to see you year after year. Also to those who couldn't be there physically but were there in "spirits" (thanks, Owen).

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was a long, but good drive. Missed a turn and even went a scenic route for a dozen or so miles.

Weekend was surreal. First time at F&B, and certainly will not be my last. Much appreciation to Kerry and crew, and all of my friends. Feels good being a part of the smelting group for sure.

Still in the afterglow.

Rick Janey was working with someone older I don't know, but he seemed to have the lead on the actual effort. The second attempt turned out really well. Having just inherited some sand-casting tools and the impetus to make some things with them, I paid great attention to the process. Opened my eyes to a lot of possibilities. Even thick from casting, it feels really good in the hand, one of those blades that just "wants" to be used.

• 2 weeks later...

Despite hauling my camera gear, I took almost no pictures at all. However, Dimitri, one of the visitors did, and linked me the ones he took.

http://tidewaterforge.smugmug.com/The-Tidewater-Forge/Fire-Brimstone-2015/i-W2S6Kpc

• 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

When I last talked to Kerry in December he hadn't settled on a date for sure, except that it would NOT be the weekend after the baltimore antique arms show like it usually is, because that weekend is Easter weekend this year. If they just move it to the following weekend, that would make it the first weekend of april. I'll wait till we hear official word before I book a motel room though =)

Kerry told me April 1-3 a few weeks ago.

I thought he would have posted by now.

I'll FB him. :)

Yes April 2-3 officially. Friday the first is of course a soft opening.....

Ill get a post together now...