It's called The Hobbit...but isn't.....

From Wikipedia:

"From approximately 1968 to 1973, several Nimoy and Star Trek fanzine writers and editors (notably contributors to Regina Marvinny's Nimoyan Federation and members of the Leonard Nimoy Association of Fans) discussed the idea of a live-action The Lord of the Rings film, with Nimoy playing Aragorn, and there was a brief letter-writing campaign."

As long as the $&^% for brains perverts in power at hollywierd remain, there will be no justice done to those books !!!

Edited by Clifford Brewer

Not to further hijack the thread, but surely no discussion of Hobbit film adaptations can be complete without...the REAL real one:

That one actually wasn't bad. I recommend it, in fact. B)

I agree. That might be a good way to end this thread. On a hopeful note. I'm pretty open minded artistically... but I must say that I hold some of what has been seen here in abject horror (not without some hint of sick fascination).

I always get a kick out of the arrogance of the hollywood crowd. To think that you're smarter/better than the person that wrote what became a classic? That you know what the people really want - never mind that they've already voted with their wallets and told you they love the book!?

Lucky for me that I never actually saw the LOTR movies as actually being LOTR related. To me, it was just a fantastical romp through a magical land. It could just have easily been the Sword of Shannara or one of the Seeker tales.

Not to further hijack the thread, but surely no discussion of Hobbit film adaptations can be complete without...the REAL real one:

That is cool! I'll have to show this cartoon to my little brother. He's only four, so he can't really read the book yet, but he talks like nobody's business (the problem is getting him to stop talking ;)) and watches cartoons like every day is Saturday morning. He wants to be a Hobbit when he grows up, though, so he should like this.

• 1 month later...

Ai-yai-yai.....

Somehow for me Jackson's is worse for the total sell-out aspect. Having all the tools at his disposal to do a great job, and coming up with such crap(sorry).

I thought the second last year might be better but I won't even watch the third.

Agreed. What Jackson did was heinous, and defiles what may be arguably one of the most important works of fiction of the twentieth century.

This lil' video is horrible, but it WAS 1966, after all, and LSD was probably more readily accessible then... ; )