Hi

I'm new to this forum - I live in Denmark and like all things related to knifemaking .....I mainly forge blades - but I do finish a complete knife once in a while.......I started out grinding blades, but started forging 4 years ago ....been posting mainly on British Blades Forum ....but will also try this forum for bladesmiths.

Here is some of my work .....and a picture of me and my trusted Russian airhammer .....Regards Lars

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by larsjacobsen

That is some really great work, I'm curious as to what's going on in the third photo, is that some kind of mosaic type pattern or just a bunch of 'scrap' pattern weld welded together?

Hi

Thanks - The knifeblade in the third photo is made from a bar of Fossil damascus - looked at some of Ed Caffreys work and wanted to try one.

Having no steelpowder I used steelshot #9 .....and mixed in a few pieces of chainsav chain. Welded the whole thing in a can and did a "Ferry flip" ........

Edge steel is 0,75 Vanadium steel

Lars

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by larsjacobsen

Great stuff! and welcome to the forum, I'm sure a lot of us will enjoy seeing more of your work...that can of bits and pieces came out really well,

glad to see you here. I have been very inspired lately by several fellows from your area of the world. You are very good at making pattern welded steel. I am truly impressed. You will fit in perfectly with this group. Welcome. Looking forward to seeing more of your work.

kc

I like your work, thanks for sharing with us, welcome to the forum.

Do you have a picture of the entire knife on the left fourth row down, with the white/ivory handle?

i like the "ice crystal" or "frost pattern" look of that fossil blade...also reminds me quite a bit of dazzle camouflage...

that first blade has a lovely form, right through the tang...great lines! ...going to check out your website if i can find it...

I like your work, thanks for sharing with us, welcome to the forum.

Do you have a picture of the entire knife on the left fourth row down, with the white/ivory handle?

Hi Jim

Been busy visiting my mother for the last couple of days - 200 miles from where I live .....here is a couple of pictures - it's difficult to take pictures of a knife with a shiny blade and a white handle ......

Handle is Mammoth ivory

image.jpg

Lars

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by larsjacobsen