Matthew Parkinson

finished hand and a half sword

Hollow ground forged L6 blade, steel fittings, wood core cord and leather wrapped grip. 30" blade 38" overall. felt lined woodcore scabbard with leather wrap and steel fittings.

Parkinson_150210B-web.jpg

Matthew, this is just one kick-... sword.

I really like the shape and the pommel. The leather looks like it would have been challenging, too.

just another good sword from a working swordsmith.

Pretty sweet sword Matthew(or do you prefer Matt? I do) I like the design in the leather work on the sheath.

I so dig the underlays that you do with the leather. They just bump everything up to the next level. :)

Nice! I like what you did at the base of the blade (there's got to be a real name for it...)

Looks awesome! Coop did a great job of capturing the sword.

Yaaaaaaa, that turned out exactly as it should have. Spectacular work Matt. I love the blade shape quite a bit.

Wow that speaks for itself..Awsome quality work!

Edited by Rob Toneguzzo

detail shot of my new stamped mark, this is the first sword I have used this on.

Parkinson_150210BB-web.jpg

I like the stamp! Did you make your own stamp, or have it made?

Thanks guys I updated my mark last may or so, it is made from 1/4" round O1 set into a turned handle. they are not all that hard to make for doing a hot stamp, it is cold stamps that are a pain in the back side. my other touch mark I still use on some work, and on Viking stuff I am still using runes form my initials but I felt for medieval-ish work I needed something more appropriate I have found I like it a lot for my knives also.

Josh- this guy feels great in the hand just enough blade presence that is will cut well but balanced so that it will track for the thrust.my customer sent me a message a day or two after pick up telling me he had named it and how effortlessly he became used to the it in practice. Skeirminder (Scare-myn-der) is the name he chose for the sword.

\MP

Great work as always!

Also, love the new maker's mark Matt! Proud to have one of your blades with the rune version... but now I guess I can aspire to owning something with all three versions!

Nice work, Matt. Love the leatherwork.

Absolutely beautiful!