danpiotte

First posted knife

Here is the first knife I've felt comfortable posting here. It is my fourth all together. A big thank you to Zack Jonas and Tom (Massart) Ward for all their help and instruction.

Specs

Blade Steel: 1095

Blade Length : 3.5in

Handle Mat.: Circassian Walnut

Guard: 416 Stainless and Brass

10959117_611651310332_977887373_n.jpg

And some in process pics10429372_592666321402_3028786914071080738_n.jpg

10513533_592666301442_4460011150278233035_n.jpg

This forum has been a great inspiration to me and a wonderful source of knowledge.

Thanks to everyone

Daniel

Nice work! Good classic design.

Hope to see more of your work in the future

Edited by R.H.Graham

very nice , now lets see knife 3,2,and 1 , we all know you have pics so don't feed us that line !! post em up !! ;)

Excellent work Dan! And you have 2 damn good teachers as well.

Very nice!!! I like the touch of brass in the guard!!! Keep up the good work!

Kip

Really clean and exact, I love it! Only thing I would add on the design: I would grind in the handle so when it meets the guard it is exactly as wide as the ricasso, it gives a very nice flow from blade to hilt that way

Great knife! I agree with seeing your other knives. It's always great to see a persons progression!

Very Nice! It makes me feel just great that two of my former students(star pupils both!) are passing the knowledge on and helping others to learn!

Damn fine blade for your first. Keep it up, and keep at it.

I agree with Randal. that is a classic. Good work. Keep sharing with us as you grow. You are off to a great start.

kc

Looking good you have already mastered some things it takes others a lot longer to get!

Thank you all.

Knowing the caliber of the people giving the praise makes it that much more valuable.

C Craft....I had good teachers and 20 years or so of metal working/blacksmithing to shorten the learning curve.

BC Rob....I don't actually have pics of 3,2,1, but I still have them so I will try to post them.

J.D.....They have been great teachers. Both are generous with their time and knowledge. I hope to run into you at Zack's sometime.

The other interesting thing is this was a commission. I learned a great deal about client interaction and client specific design. I also learned a most important lesson...SET THE PRICE UP FRONT AND DON'T UNDRSELL YOURSELF....a hard lesson.

Thanks again

Daniel