Here are some great photographs by Peter Rebac of Amber Studios, Edinburgh of a Sword made by Paul Macdonnald of Macdonald Armouries.

I made the blade , the commission and the rest of the work was Paul Macdonald's. Blade is en42J and 15n20, 7 layer twists with high layer edge (700 or so) . the handle is wrought iron stabilised bog oak and silver.

I really love the look of this piece and the photographs bring out the visual texture briliantly. there is an underplay to it all that I really love.

I get great satisfaction when a blade of my making is brought to life in this way in someone else's hands.

16111470703_8cf79643f7_b.jpg

16111483103_89ea38e472_b.jpg

16705527856_305466d674_b.jpg

hope you like it .

All the best Owen

• Like 2

that is a wonderful composition. I don't know anything about the historical accuracy of the pommel and guard shape, but they are great as artistic elements. The blade is a triumph, too.

I can imagine that it is a very good feeling to see your work taken and built upon like that.

kc

Very nice, I would have loved to see one shot of the whole sword! You know in all of its glory! B)

I don't think there is a shot of the whole sword , I have the tip somewhere , but a much lower quality picture

Amazing sword! I love the pommel. It all works together perfectly!

• 3 months later...

Yes, the whole piece has a very organic feel to it. It's really lovely.