wieland

Little Art-Nouveau-integral

hi all,

here is a little integral with some Art-Nouveau-carvings,
I built it for my next show in solingen.

W1 forged
hardened with hamon
desert ironwood
length 23cm
blade only 10,5cm
thickness 3,8-1,5mm

thanks for looking!
gerhard

409b.jpg

409c.jpg

409d.jpg

409e.jpg

409f.jpg

409g.jpg

409a.jpg

Beautiful, the carving is amazing! W1 must be difficult to carve like that even annealed.

Lovely work, carved steel always catches my eye.

I love the echo of the design and the change of planes. Your fit between handle and bolster is always nice, too. thanks for showing us.

kc

Hooray, a new Wieland knife! I love the motif on this one.

Gerhard, your pieces always amaze me, with the flawless workmanship! The added detail down the spine of the knife is something else!! I had to look at the pics several times trying to decide if that detail was carved into the spine or it if was raised outward from the spine. Integrals by nature are a step up in the common knife, (not that I see anything common about your work) but the details you carved into the steel of this one set it off from even the normal integral!

To you sir, always enjoy looking at your work! bow.gif

I am always happy to see new work from you, I just love your ascetic and style, your knives are always stunning. This one is one of the best I have seen from you. The carving just sets it above other work I have sen of yours, it reminds be a bit of Hill Pearce's work, but very much remains your own style.

well done!

MP

Whoa! Outstanding! Thank you for sharing these photos with us.

Fantastic! I think this might be my new favourite piece of yours. The carvings have great flow to them and reach out just far enough into the rest of the blade. And a bonus hamon!

I always get all giddy when I see that Gerhard has come forward posting yet another creation !!!

Never dissapoints !!! Love your work sir , exceptional motivating work indeed

I love all of the little details, the carving and just everything. Your aesthetics are awesome. I heart this knife so much.

Oh man that's beautiful! I especially love the lines of the bolster and how the continue onto the blade, really superb!

Marvelous work, just marvelous in all ways.

Gerhard,

Stunning, elegant work as always.

I particularly like the carving on the spine that dips down on the mid-point of the blade. This is the first of your knives that I've seen that particular element. I think it's really a nice enhancement.

One of my favorite authors, David Gemmel, wrote of a character in his book "Sword in the Storm" that was taken by the Fae because of his skill in the craft of metalwork, and given a magic workshop in which he could shape metal like clay with his bare hands. When I see your knives, I often think they look like the work that a smith with such magic might produce.

Cheers,

Dave

That looks amazing! I second that it looks like you formed the steel with your bare hands.

thank you too for posting!

@dave,

to form steel with my bare hands-

would be one of my darest dreams...

but until this will be reality I´m the ol´guy in the family with permanently black hands...sort of addict of dremeling, filing and sanding the whole day long... :wacko:

gerhard

Outstanding.

Spectacular! I really like the Art Nouveau style, and you really knocked this one out of the ballpark.

Work of art...perfect

The ease of movement in your pieces is ,in my opinion ,unparalleled . The workmanship beyond judging. Beautiful !

The ease of movement in your pieces is ,in my opinion ,unparalleled . The workmanship beyond judging. Beautiful !

Love it. :)