Trend or 3M powered respirator????

I've decided to pull the trigger and buy a Powered Respirator...The Trend is $400........The 3M is $1300...Which should I buy?? As a senior citizen with COPD price is not the deciding factor, I just want to live a few more years and continue to make knives.

How is your neck? As the trend is heavier as the motor is in the head piece. Have you looked on auction sites for second hand or new reduced? If you go buying new call your local welding shops and ask what there best price is. As in the UK a 3m adflo welding unit retail s for £1100. But my local welding supplier could do exactly the same unit for £680.

Still lots of money but cheaper then the big shops.

I personally use a 3m Jupiter which I bought off evilbay for £100.

Andrew

Andrew

• 3 weeks later...

I concur on the weight of the Trend. After an hour or two of looking down at the grinder, my neck and shoulders are done. I thought about making a headrest :) but then I just put the old filter mask back on. Way lighter. The Trend works, as in, it filters air, but the air blowing over your face/eyes along with the noise of the motor and blower make it even more tiring to wear. I'd rather have a remote air source with an overhead hose I can clip into. The filters on the Trend are on your head too, so anything from the grinder that's flying over your head potentially gets sucked in. I had to replace the filters within a few months.

I bought The 3M for $1300 . Before using it I decided to read the directions, They say good from sea level to 2900 ft...My trouble is I live at 7,000 ft.....I'm waiting for 3M to call me back with an alternative.