Nice shop, too clean! :lol: Another fire extinguisher might be recommended. Even though we all want to think in case of fire, we will be cool calm and collected as recommended, it sometimes takes a minute for our brain to say, "OH, OH I never expected that to catch fire.............. now where the he!! is the fire extinguisher"?????

Nice set-up with the tools in the shop! He who dies with the most big boy toys is the winner!

Now, not sure if you are married or not but the standard prayer is as follows!

Oh Lord now I lay me down to sleep,

if I should die before I wake,

please don't let my wife sell my tools,................ for what I told her I have in them,

cause I may have stretched, no padded, um, let me think about this,

OK I wasn't truthful, but I was faithful! :(:unsure::lol::lol:

Edited by C Craft

Thank you, after I finished cleaning it I thought it was too clean too. I do have another fire extinguisher on the other side of the shop by the machining area, but thanks for the heads up.

I cant get enough of the tools, but my shop is small and wont allow for too many more unfortunately.

No not married, but if I ever do I will definitely remember this prayer hahaha.

Nice vid Steve.......nice layout, some nice equipment........makes life alot easier indeed !! so whats the next tool to add ? that aspect never ends........

did you Ipad to youtube ? been meaning to do a shop tour for a few years now myself !! still figuring that out............

How bout them Leafs !! Go Canucks !!

Rob in BC

Very nicely and well laid out shop! About the same size as mine only cleaner...

Thanks! It will be dirty again within the week haha.

Nice vid Steve.......nice layout, some nice equipment........makes life alot easier indeed !! so whats the next tool to add ? that aspect never ends........

did you Ipad to youtube ? been meaning to do a shop tour for a few years now myself !! still figuring that out............

How bout them Leafs !! Go Canucks !!

Rob in BC

Thanks Rob, they make life so much easier. Next I'll be getting a MIG welder and hopefully by the end of the year a hydraulic press. Then if I want more toys I may need a bigger shop. It took me well over a year to get around to making this video. Dont get me started on the Leafs hahaha.

Steve

Nice shop!

I had a fire a while ago while welding or something. Grabbed the nearest fire extinguisher and poof! A little stream of white powder came out. WTF?? THATS IT? It read fully charged. After I discharged it, still read fully charged. I need to collect all the fire extinguishers around the shop and have them all checked.

If you're looking for a good MIG welder for the money that isn't a Miller, take a look at the Hot Max welders.

Nice shop!

I had a fire a while ago while welding or something. Grabbed the nearest fire extinguisher and poof! A little stream of white powder came out. WTF?? THATS IT? It read fully charged. After I discharged it, still read fully charged. I need to collect all the fire extinguishers around the shop and have them all checked.

If you're looking for a good MIG welder for the money that isn't a Miller, take a look at the Hot Max welders.

That's terrible, sorry to hear that. Hopefully the fire didn't cause any damage. Now you've inspired me to go get mine checked out. I googled Hot Max Welders, they look great and have some good reviews.

Thanks,

Steve

Awesome setup man!

Truth be told: my shop is actually too uncomfortably large. I'd honestly prefer a place more your size. But I suppose the grass always seems greener on the other side... ;)

My wife and I are planning to buy a farmhouse within the next few years, so we'll see what shop changes come with that.

Keep up the great work man!

Awesome setup man!

Truth be told: my shop is actually too uncomfortably large. I'd honestly prefer a place more your size. But I suppose the grass always seems greener on the other side... ;)

My wife and I are planning to buy a farmhouse within the next few years, so we'll see what shop changes come with that.

Keep up the great work man!

Thanks David!

From what I have seen from your pictures and videos on your Facebook your shop looks huge and awesome! I have never heard anyone say their workshop was "uncomfortably large" before, I only hear people say "its too small". I was jealous of your space immediately! To find a place that big in Toronto is impossible and if you can find one good luck affording it! But I agree with "the grass always seems greener on the other side". I'll always want a bigger shop but it suits my needs and has served me well these past few years so I can't complain.

Good luck with the farmhouse man!

Steve

mine is one bay of a garage, plus some overflow into the other bay when fiancé's car is gone. About the same size. I could use more, but I have about all of the same stuff you have (no lathe, but bigger mill and kmg, with a metal-only bandsaw and a benchtop wood-only bandsaw, and vertical rather than horizontal evenheat). You can make darn near anything with that collection of stuff (and a ton of self-made hand tools, files, punches, chisels, rasps, and on and on).

thanks for sharing. Oh, and I have the twist-o-matic and associated mini forge. That is good for twisting, and for the actual forging of anything from a 7" blade and smaller (and tools and fittings). The mini forge is a good score, it pays for itself in propane savings. If you weld ok, just buy a firebrick and drill a couple of holes through it and connect to form an oval channel, and then weld a mild steel shell around it. Mill a hole in the sheet to match the front and rear of the brick, and you are set. Of course, drill hole in top, and through brick. Weld a pipe piece on to hold the burner, and then build or buy a very small burner (3/4" diameter). I can get 20 or 30 hours of use at welding heat from a 20lb bottle of propane (maybe more. I have never actually run one dry, I usually end of refilling in batches).

take care,

kc

Good to know I'm not the only one that doesnt have a big shop. I would prefer a vertical oven to save on the floor space. Thanks for the walk through on how to building the mini forge, I appreciate it.

I wish more people would post shop tours, I'm curious to see what kind of set ups people have.

Steve

mine is one bay of a garage, plus some overflow into the other bay when fiancé's car is gone. About the same size. I could use more, but I have about all of the same stuff you have (no lathe, but bigger mill and kmg, with a metal-only bandsaw and a benchtop wood-only bandsaw, and vertical rather than horizontal evenheat). You can make darn near anything with that collection of stuff (and a ton of self-made hand tools, files, punches, chisels, rasps, and on and on).

thanks for sharing. Oh, and I have the twist-o-matic and associated mini forge. That is good for twisting, and for the actual forging of anything from a 7" blade and smaller (and tools and fittings). The mini forge is a good score, it pays for itself in propane savings. If you weld ok, just buy a firebrick and drill a couple of holes through it and connect to form an oval channel, and then weld a mild steel shell around it. Mill a hole in the sheet to match the front and rear of the brick, and you are set. Of course, drill hole in top, and through brick. Weld a pipe piece on to hold the burner, and then build or buy a very small burner (3/4" diameter). I can get 20 or 30 hours of use at welding heat from a 20lb bottle of propane (maybe more. I have never actually run one dry, I usually end of refilling in batches).

take care,

kc

Edited by Steve Karakostas