SeaRobin

Sea Robin Forge Anvils

Hey folks,

I haven't made my adjustable bladesmithing anvils for several years, after I ran out of the 5 .25 inch square billet stock. I recently acquired some 4340 5.25" round billet stock and a smaller amount of 6 1/2 inch 4340. I anticipate that I will be able to make about seven 5.25" by 24 inch anvils weighing about 146 pounds, plus the weight of the base ,DSC00285.JPGand about five 19" x 6.5" anvils weighing about 178 pounds, plus the weight of the base.
The base will be similar in in design to my all older models, Similar to the one in the enclosed picture.

I'm trying to determine if there is still enough interest in the anvils to justify buying the structural materials needed to make them .

Both faces of the anvils would be flame hardened. The cost of the anvils would be $800 for the 5.25" anvil, and $1000 for the 6 1/2 inch anvil, based on the latest steel prices. Plus Freight shipping costs

Anyone interested email me at robi5515@bellsouth.net

I still have some of my DVD's left ,showing the making of the adjustable blade smithing anvils, for anyone that's interested in trying to make one themselves.

Chuck

Edited by SeaRobin

Tempting....

As the happy owner of one of his early anvils I would recommend it to anyone who has forged a blade on a London pattern.

As the owner of the last double billet anvil from the original run, I can say without a doubt they are the best anvil for bladesmithing I have ever used.

Sweet! I'm so glad Chuck is still able to make these. Sam is right, best anvil specifically for bladesmithing ever! I know I love mine.

Hey folks,

Thanks for your kind words about my anvils,

Several folks have contacted me about the option of purchasing the Hardened anvil, and building the base assembly themselves. I am willing to do that, but I would strongly suggest they buy my anvil building video first, to see how it's done, and to determine if it is in their individual capabilities to build the base.
If you then decide to buy the anvil I will deduct the cost of the video from the anvil price.

My wife Brenda, also suggested that I also send a copy of the video to anyone who purchases the complete anvil. She is sure that folks would be interested to see how their anvil was made.
If anyone is interested in either option please contact me by email at:
robi5515@bellsouth.net.

I just contacted my steel supplier and found that the structural steel costs will be less than I originally anticipated, so the actual price of the completed anvils will be $800 fot the 5 1/4" diameter anvil, and $1000 for the 6 1/2" diameter anvil. Both anvils are, plus shipping costs. If you want a copy of the video send $27 to me:
Chuck Robinson

1423 3rd Ave.Picayune,MS 39466.

This includes priority mail shipping to you.

Chuck

Edited by SeaRobin

Hey folks, you know the old saying, measure twice and cut once.

The other night I measured once and cut twice.

The end result is that I cut 2 anvils from the 6 1/2 inch 4340 billet to 24 inches instead of 19 inches. Consequently, I need to revise the cost and weight of the 6 1/2 inch anvils.

The 24 inch anvils weigh 225 pounds instead of 178 pounds. The cost for the completed anvil will be $1200 each plus shipping. One is already sold.

The remaining 6 1/2 inch billet stock will be cut to three anvils of 16 inches each, weighing 150 pounds each.

The price for the 150 pound anvils will be $800 each plus shipping.

Chuck

Chuck I have one of your originals that I bought from you in person over 10 years ago. I still love this thing. Glad to see that you are back at it, if only just for a limited run.

Is the 6 1/2" round or square? 6 1/2" square 16" long sounds perfect laid on it's side as a sword smith or sawyer's anvil. I've got a 4 1/2" post anvil I did out of 4140 and it works great for some things, but I'd really like a rectangular block more like a sawyer's anvil.