Sign in to follow this  
Jacek Robotka

Pouches and Coin Purses

Hello all,

Please see some pouches and purses from the Viking period :)

Viking Birka coin purse

Viking coin purse based on a grave find from Birka, (grave 949 Arbman, Taf. 128). This pouch is made from calf skin, the frame is hand forged brass. The lid is closed by 3 hand made brass buttons.The purse was found with 1 and 1/2 silver Arabic coins still remaining inside. Dims: 100 x 150 mm.

DSC_0296-900x900.jpg

fig1&2-900x900.jpg

Birka pouch

Pouch inspired by Birka finds, made of brown vegetable tanned leather. Front flap decorated with hand stamped brass plate. The pouch has a loop which help to keep pouch tight on the belt. Dimensions: 140mmx140mm.

_DSC0650web-900x900.jpg

birka%20org3-900x900.jpg

Viking Pouch from Ireland

Leather pouch with fittings, based on finds from Ireland (National Museum of Ireland, Dublin). The pouch is made from calf skin with brass fittings. The pouch has a loop which help to keep pouch tight on the belt. Dims: 110 x 110 mm.

_DSC0667_zpscec78847web-900x900.jpg

_DSC0543-900x900.jpg

Viking Gotland Coin Purse

Viking coin purse based on finds from Barshalder grave from Gotland. This pouch is made from seal skin, the frame is hand forged brass. The lid is closed by small brass buckle. Dims: 140 x 90mm.

2015-03-02%2019.52.52-900x900.jpg

_DSC0716-900x900.jpg

Thanks for looking

Jacek

• Like 1

Beautiful work. I don't see these on your website. Do you make these to sell?

Robert

Looks awesome! The leather work is great and I like all of the non-ferrous metal. I agree that it's a shame there isn't many people reproducing the more common historical items, such as leather work and wool items. I was just thinking about how it would be nice to have some sort of pouch so that I don't have to shove everything in my pockets. :rolleyes:

Really nice. I think I know what to do with some fur scraps I have laying about now... :)

I agree with my esteemed colleagues. very nice work. glad you showed them to us.

Thank you all for your comments :)

Hello again,

Another type of pouch ;)

Anglo-Saxon pouch hand made from vegetable tanned leather, stained in red and based on the pouch found in Sutton Hoo. The flap has decorated plate, hand embossed with two ravens, based on Anglo-Saxon shield ornament found in Kent. Dimensions: 155x90mm.

_DSC0422a-900x900.jpg

_DSC0430a-900x900.jpg

_DSC0432a-900x900.jpg

_DSC0436a-900x900.jpg

thanks for looking.

I love the engraving on that last set of pics with the red leather. That is awesome...

Wonderful stuff. It reminds me of a fire-making pouch I saw some time ago where the bottom seam incorporated a flint striker.

You just don't see work like this anymore. Great that you're keeping it alive!

Hello.

Another purse cpmpleted ;)

Desktop1_zpsulh5mtu8.jpg

Thank you

It looks great! Can you squeeze the sides of the purse so it opens up a little? I'm guessing it acts like a spring.

• Like 1

It has itself a bit loose, but it can be also squezzed to open but only a little ;)

Thank you