Dan Kaschner

FS: Anvil - 260lb. OWA 2 horn classic - never used

Like-new 260# "Two horn Classic" anvil

Never used. Purchased 5+ years ago from Old World Anvils.
Peddinghaus-style anvil with round and square horn.

Asking $1,000.
Current price at Old World Anvils is $1625 + shipping.

Specs.
- 260 lbs.
- 90% rebound.
- 5 1/2" face.
- 1 1/8" hardy (actual measure on face).
- 1" punching hole.
- 29" tip-to-tip length
- 13" height.

Pleae PM me if you are interested and need this beauty shipped.
I am no expert in shipping but we may be able to put our heads together and figure something out.

Ask for Dan.

anvil_07.JPG

anvil_03.JPG

anvil_02.JPG

anvil_01.JPG

anvil_04.JPG

anvil_05.JPG

anvil_06.JPG

This is an amazing deal, these anvils are as good as the peddinghaus brand name ones.

Thanks Sam. I hate to see her go but I have a small smithy and for the past years the 120 lb. Nimba has been pressed into service while she sits idle... Now I have one of Chuck Robinson's bladesmithing anvils arriving in the near future and my wife says something has to go... so as sorry as I am to see her go (and I don't mean my wife :-) ) she is on the block. Just looking for a good home.

BTW, I love your choice of PH also. Of course, your Anyang is running and mine is sitting in my garage waiting to weld up a base and get it set in my smithy.

Good to hear a high opinion of the OWA 2 horn classic from a trusted source.

Talk to you soon,

Dan

Wow, I didn't realize these had gotten so expensive! I have the 335lb model that I picked up new almost 10 years ago (for somewhere around $800 if memory serves) and it's a fantastic anvil. Anybody would be lucky to have one of these.

That said Dan, isn't there something else you could have go? My personal opinion is that anvils are like firearms. Not something you ever sell. That must explain why I have 5 of them! I also must feel that way about post vises....

Deker, I hear ya... it pains me but given the size of my one-man shop it needs to go to a good home. An anvil like this deserves to be used. It will make someone real happy. :-) The prices of anvils all over has skyrocketed over that time. Not really looking to make anything on this. As I recall that is about what I paid originally. Probably more when I add in shipping.

Good to hear you like your OWA too... haven't talked to anyone that had anything but good to say about their 2 horn classic. Thanks for your thoughts.

Talk to you soon, Dan