Christopher Price

Ron & Phyllis Claiborne

Just got a message from Alan, Phyllis Claiborne, beloved wife of Ron "Bowie" Claiborne, is in the hospital with Cancer, and it looks pretty bad. If you're a friend of Ron and Phyllis, your hopes and prayers for their peace would be most appreciated right now. I don't have direct contact information for him, and Ron never was one for email, but I'm sure if you wish to message Alan, he can forward personal messages for you. In the meantime, just knowing they've got our support will mean a lot to them.

I know who you speak of and even though I would not consider myself a friend because I have never meant him! I know what cancer can do as it has touched my life too many times. Prayers said!

Talked with Ron about earlier today. He and Phyllis are in our hearts and prayers. Phyllis and Ron are two of the best people I have ever met. Please pray for them in your own way.

I don't know them, but I'll pray for them anyway. I know how much it would mean to me if it were my loved ones who were sick.

I will pray everything goes well.

Thanks for posting, Chris. I had a lack of internet last night or I would have done it myself.

Ron has never been much for computers, but you can call him at 865-660-1569 or send a card to Ron and Phyllis Claiborne, 2918 Ellistown Road, Knoxville, Tennessee 37924.

I am sorry to hear this. It certainly does not sound good but hoping that it will end in a positive turn.

Thanks for letting us know, I will keep them in my prayers.

Definitely in my prayers

Praying for Phyllis, and Bowie as well.

I only spoke with Ron once, but I have a good impression of him. I will pray for them.

kc

My friends it is with a heavy heart that I let you know that Phyllis Claiborne passed away this morning. Ron is currently under treatment for pneumonia and hope to be back home on a day or two. I will post any information about the arrangements as soon as I hear.

My singular wish for him and his family and friends, is peace. Her suffering and struggle is over, may the living be equally blessed with release from their pain. We'll all miss her, she was a beautiful person.

Well said, Chris. Well said.

very very sad to hear this,

I will dearly miss Phyllis and I will be praying for Ron and his family

Just got word of the arrangements from Mark Zaleski:

Phyllis Claiborne, beloved wife of Ron Claiborne, passed away on June 8, 2015.

A receiving of friends will be held from 6-8 PM Thursday at Mynatt Funeral Home Fountain City Chapel (2829 Rennoc Rd. Knoxville, TN 37918, phone: 865-688-2331). The funeral service will follow at 8 PM.

A gravesite service will be held at 11 AM Friday at Roseberry Cemetery off Rutledge Pike.

Phyllis's obituary can be found here:
http://mynatt.mem.com/Obituary/6475853/90490471/90490462

Mynatt Funeral Home's website: http://mynattfh.com

Please help spread the word to Phyllis' and Ron's many friends -- we hope that the turnout for Thursday night's service will be reflective of the way they have touched so many of our lives.

I am very sorry to hear this news. I will be praying for Ron and his family. I have been to his hammer in the last 2 years and they were very nice to me.

Doug

Jn. 3:16