Here are several new blades I've been working on. All soon to be finished out in various formats. All blades are shown from both sides, front and back.
All blades are of 15N20 and 1084 with the exception of the next to the last piece; that one is wootz.

P1010290.JPG

P1010289.JPG

P1010294.JPG

P1010295.JPG

P1010298.JPG

P1010299.JPG

P1010296.JPG

P1010297.JPG

P1010293.JPG

P1010292.JPG

P1010301.JPG

P1010300.JPG

• Like 1

great steel, nice grind lines. looking forward to see what happens with them.

kc

JD,

All the steel looks good, as your laminated blades always do. The wootz is very nice, a very even pattern...who melted the wootz..is this something now in your program at the college?

• Like 1

JD,

All the steel looks good, as your laminated blades always do. The wootz is very nice, a very even pattern...who melted the wootz..is this something now in your program at the college?

This is wootz I received as payment for some of my services, From those nice boys over at Dragon's Breath Forge in CT.

This will soon be offered at Mass Art...As soon as I can hook up the tech.

JD,

You're always an inspiration. I've been working on coming up with something special for the Damascus competition at the upcoming I.C.C.E. Show and it's always nice to see a master's work to help keep me excited about it.

Thanks for sharing.

Gary

Always a pleasure seeing your work.

Can't wait to see where they go from here.

• 1 year later...

Oh yeah!

Love that blade above the wootz one. One side looks like water after a handful of pebbles got dropped in it and the other side has a "river runs through it" look about it. The blade with the big "S" is pretty cool too. Is that for Smith or Super Steel? :)

All of those blades are great, I really like the Wootz one, but all of them are just awesome.

And I think my favorite wood to work with so far is Bocote, just did my first one in Bubinga today, and I am really kicking myself for not using Bocote on it.