Wide dagger..WIP

Rob Toneguzzo

Here is. Dagger WIP..same process as my sword WIP (a sword at last) without the rain and excessive mind altering draw filling.....boy has it brought back memories though.

Blade forged from 5160, forged fuller, draw filed blade.

Got a fantastic heat treat now I just have to come up with a hilt design to suit.

Any comments, critics or suggestions etc always appreciated

Rob

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

"Old dogs care about you even when you make mistakes" - Tom HALL - Old Dogs, Children and Watermelon wine.

What happened to your big yellow clamp?!?! :lol:

Blade looks great, Rob. I've found that draw filing can actually be enjoyable when you're working with a good file, good blade, and have a nice technique.

“If you trust in yourself. . . believe in your dreams. . . and follow your star. . . you will still get beaten by the people who have spent their time working hard and learning things, the people who weren't so lazy.” ~ Terry Pratchett

Looking great Rob!

To become old and wise... You first have to survive being young and foolish! ;) Ikisu.blogsot.com. Email; milesikisu@gmail.com mobile: +27784653651

That has a decidedly brutal shape to it, I like it...:)

George Ezell, bladesmith

" How much useful knowledge is lost by the scattered forms in which it is ushered to the world! How many solitary students spend half their lives in making discoveries which had been perfected a century before their time, for want of a condensed exhibition of what is known."
Buffon

view some of my work

RelicForge on facebook

Thanks for the feedback guys,

Colin the "big yellow clamp" has been bolted to my bench and used for its intended purpose (I miss it though) and in case you were wondering where my goose was...that innocent looking bulldog made short work of him.

image.jpg

Edited by Rob Toneguzzo

"Old dogs care about you even when you make mistakes" - Tom HALL - Old Dogs, Children and Watermelon wine.

Thanks Wade, that means a lot ESP considering that your works were some of my greatest inspiration when I began.

Looks great! Sort of a cross between a Pugio and a Cinqueada.

Well picked Alan, They were the two blades I got inspiration from when I came up with the shape.

Hi Emiliano, not sure about the handle.....the guard is bronze so I will use some near the pommel too..I have some copper and antler and buffalo horn...but I do not want to over complicate things too much...perhaps a glass or two of Jack and a cigar will help.. Thanks for the feedback.

• 2 months later...

Hi guys,

I have not posted for ever...I have had some eye issues which have frustrated the heck out of me in regards to working with fine detail so I have not started anything new for ages ( hopefully this will be sorted soon). I am trying to finish all old projects before starting any more.

Here is the dagger finally finished.

5160, Antler, Bronze, Copper with the tang peened over at the end.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Nice! We need bigger pictures, Rob.

“If you trust in yourself. . . believe in your dreams. . . and follow your star. . . you will still get beaten by the people who have spent their time working hard and learning things, the people who weren't so lazy.” ~ Terry Pratchett

Nothing dainty or delicate about that one, a dagger Conan would approve of....:)

George Ezell, bladesmith

" How much useful knowledge is lost by the scattered forms in which it is ushered to the world! How many solitary students spend half their lives in making discoveries which had been perfected a century before their time, for want of a condensed exhibition of what is known."
Buffon

view some of my work

RelicForge on facebook

Thanks for the comments guys and sorry for the small pics. I Will get some bigger ones up in the next day or so.