• Announcements

• Alan Longmire

IMPORTANT Registration rules   02/12/2017

Use your real name or you will NOT get in.  No aliases or nicknames, no numerals in your name. Do not use the words knives, blades, swords, forge, smith (unless that is your name of course) etc. We are all bladesmiths and knifemakers here.  If you feel you need an exception or are having difficulty registering, send a personal email to the forum registrar here.  
James R.Fuller

Getting to it...... Finally...

1095 with a hamon... Gonna use olive wood and brass on the handle...

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

I like it!

-Gabriel

Getting close! I have brass and leather and olive wood on the handle. Hamon came out SWEET!

image.jpg

image.jpg

All finished up... She isn't perfect, but she sure is pretty. I used the scrappy material I had laying around for the handle (trying to follow along with the unofficial theme) and so my brass is less than perfect... It has a little crack on the top by the base of the blade as shown in one of the pics, and it also had a hole drilled into it as seen on the one side...... It still is quite the looker.... Let me know what you guys think; the good, the bad, and the humorous!

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Yes, indeed! That happened during polishing... I slipped off the end with my EDM stones and it chipped the tip... That led to me tossing it back in the oven for a bit...