new pattern

Greg Verizhnikov

Those are beautiful I really like the clear line along the edge, and the shape as well. #4 would be my favorite if I had to pick.

I keep seeing a bunch of good looking blades coming out of your shop. It makes me want to work that much harder to improve my own. I really like number 3. I especially like the pattern that looks somewhat like barb wire.

Michael Cochran

you are doing interesting and attractive work. I like the basic blade shapes, as well as the pattern welding. thanks for sharing your work with us.

kc

please visit my website http://www.professorsforge.com/

“Years ago I recognized my kinship with all living things, and I made up my mind that I was not one bit better than the meanest on the earth. I said then and I say now, that while there is a lower class, I am in it; while there is a criminal element, I am of it; while there is a soul in prison, I am not free.” E. V. Debs

• 1 month later...

Wow. That's some next-level shit. Very impressive!

Dave

-----------------------------------------------

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly." -- Theodore Roosevelt

http://stephensforge.com

Wow. Looks like the stuff people do with polymer clay. Except, you know, with metal... at flesh-carbonizing temperatures...

Edited by andrew zimba

• 2 months later...

I have to say it again,

1. I LOVE those blade shapes. They are just perfect for that size of knife.

2. The pattern welding is really, really, attractive and technically sound.

great combination of shape and content.

kc

please visit my website http://www.professorsforge.com/

“Years ago I recognized my kinship with all living things, and I made up my mind that I was not one bit better than the meanest on the earth. I said then and I say now, that while there is a lower class, I am in it; while there is a criminal element, I am of it; while there is a soul in prison, I am not free.” E. V. Debs

I know the theory of how to do this (powdered steels, nickel foils, shim stock in a can, cut and tiled/accordioned and rewelded, and so on) but this is a most excellent development of the process! Good stuff.