I am just happy to get layers to weld in parallel lines! Hot damm those are awesome looking

Love this work and someday dream of owning one of your knives as well. Have two questions: are the grinds on these knives made with double sided bevels, or are they flat grinds on the back? Are the blanks completed (i.e. close to finish ground and heat treated, or just roughed out to a final grit for etching?

Thanks

Edited by Dan Hertzson

Hey.

butt in the blade is not sharpened, bevels I do flat, but it can be done and a concave lens on the big wheel, 300 mm in diameter.

Blades are hardened and ready for use, edge hardness 60 Rockwell units

Do you finish these knives, or sell the blades?

Hi Greg,

fantastic blades !!

Are the midle dagger aviable ? Price .. dimensions ?

Ruggero

awesome, still, even though I know about your work. Every time I look again, I am struck by your control of the steel, and by your crisp grinding and finishing.

Are you grinding some of the single-edged blades on a big wheel? It looked like a shallow hollow grind. Just curious, it looked so shallow that it wouldn't be much different from a flat grind in performance, just maybe a tad lighter. The lines are crisp and sharp (and hollow grinds make that easier, or more pronounced, as we all know). Honestly, a very shallow hollow versus a flat grind doesn't make any difference to me in my appreciation of a knife. It is just something I am curious about.

Damn fine work!

I like the feel of both ancient and modern to many of these blades.

center steel - k110, the hardness of 62 units

side plates of damascus (stainless steel + carbon)

Impressive, could you shed some light on how to pattern weld high chrome steels like that ?