First time running a power hammer

I just got back from a vacation at the Oregon coast. One of the highlights was getting to run a 60 KG Say-mak hammer. I met a blacksmith online last week, and he just happens to live right next to where our

family was vacationing. I don't know much about power hammers but I decided earlier this year to buy one or a hydraulic press. I have been looking a lot online. Now I have to buy one.

To me it's like a belt grinder in that it won't make you any better but it saves time. One heat, holy crap it moves the metal, and you don't even have to run it wide open.

Anyway, thanks for listening. Now I have to go clean the shop and make some room, but it will be a little easier to do.

We were in Seaside his name is Nathan. Where are you at, Philomath? Do you ever get to Eugene?

Power hammers are great tools , I like them a bit too much.

Jim, it could be worse. I am also a newbie, but the first time I got to use a power hammer was a 1500 pounder. A friends 25lb Little Giant doesn't excite me anymore :( Good luck in your hammer search! Buy Big!

Power hammers are great tools , I like them a bit too much.

"Hi, my name is Owen Bush... and i'm a powerhammeraholic"

"Hi Owen"

=)

I've got a big power hammer, and I kinda want just a little one, but I guess it's better to be too big than too small =)

Kenon: I'm about 40 minutes from Eugene (where I work) up HWY 58 on the Willamette pass, so I drive to Eugene daily. Philomath is a nice little town.

Owen: If I had space and money I could like them way too much as well.

I have been doing this for a while but as I'm getting old, I mean...... older, I'm feeling it more and more. I want to still do this when I'm "old" and I will in some way or another.

But I have decided to buy an ironkiss hopefully this fall, I have been in contact with John Larson at iron kiss and I'm impressed. I don't know if there's help for our "addiction".