Bocote and 1084 Hunter

I hope you guys aren't getting too tired of seeing the same thing over and over again. I seem to be stuck on this style for the past few months. =P Here's the latest blade I completed. A few things that I'm not to crazy about is the Bocote handle, and the main problem is the sheath. The leather was not the normal vegi-tanned leather I'm used to and was quite soft from the start. Tooling it was a nightmare. As well as having problems with the leather, I have never tooled vines from free-hand and butchered the fine details. It looks great from a distance but when you get real close you can see some mistakes. I'll just stick to normal tooling with my stamps for awhile. <_<

Thanks for looking!

DSC_9833.jpg

DSC_9840.jpg

that looks very good.

I can tell the leather is softer than normal tooling leather. You can tell around the stitches where it "pulled" the leather in. Regardless though Austin, I think the sheath is nice, and knife itself is wonderful. You quickly become one of my favorite makers on this forum...

Thanks Kevin!

I can tell the leather is softer than normal tooling leather. You can tell around the stitches where it "pulled" the leather in. Regardless though Austin, I think the sheath is nice, and knife itself is wonderful. You quickly become one of my favorite makers on this forum...

Thank you Wes! That really does mean a lot!

I'd have to disagree, I quite like the look of the bocote and I think it goes very well with the hamon! The color is very striking,the only thing I would have done differently is to maybe make the sheath a more vibrant color to go with the handle? Anyway, fantastic job, these knives are seriously killer, your sense of proportion and the lines you employ are bold and harmonious!