Sign in to follow this  
David Stifle

Some of my work

Hi Fellas,

I have not posted any of my work here in a very long time, so I hope you like it. I am having problems getting the pictures to the correct size, I hope these are okay.

big bowie.jpg

!st Knife.jpg

DSCN0294 (2) - Copy.JPG

my sword 2.jpg

my sword.jpg

Stifle Ideal 6 with Ducks.jpg

Oh, wow, man, that first Bowie ticks all my boxes, a fantastic bit of work, very well done indeed!

Bob

Holy Crap! that was my reaction to the first knife. They are all very nice. I like the first and last ones best. But, they are all seriously-cool.

Oooooh! Nice :) Love the blade shape and the hilt treatments.

post-31599-0-43634700-1435714351.jpg

I don't know how you reduced that picture, Andrew, but thank you. I am also glad you like the hilt/handle treatment. It has a very nice hamon too, but I couldn't capture it.

IDK how i did either :D All i did was right-click your pic, copy the address, and insert it.

If you have any more pics of that or similar blades, feel free to stack them in my PM inbox.

I'd like to know a bit more about your experiences heat treating that long single-edge blade while getting a nice hamon, and what kind of sori-type curvature you experienced.

Thanks, I'll play around with the pictures. While I have heat treated blades that long, I am not really set up to get the temp control needed to consistently do hamons, that one was sent to a Ht house. Likewise, I don't quench in water, so the sori you see was hammered into shape. Now, lets see if this works, http://bladesmithsforum.com/uploads/monthly_07_2015/post-31599-0-32921700-1435714397.jpg

Spalted beech for the sheath material??

Spalted beech for the sheath material??

Close, it's spalted tamarind. I love this wood, it just has such a nice honey glow to it.