• Announcements

• Alan Longmire

IMPORTANT Registration rules   02/12/2017

Use your real name or you will NOT get in.  No aliases or nicknames, no numerals in your name. Do not use the words knives, blades, swords, forge, smith (unless that is your name of course) etc. We are all bladesmiths and knifemakers here.  If you feel you need an exception or are having difficulty registering, send a personal email to the forum registrar here.  
Petr Florianek

Beadoleoma - Battle light

21 posts in this topic

Hello Gentlemen and Gentlewomen!

long time no post for reason that i am about to reveal. I was invited to take part in exposition in Deutsches Klingen museum with Peter Johnsson and Jake Powning. Its a part of the exhibition Sword - form and thought. Theme for contemporary makers is Xiphos - sword of piercing light.

This is what i came up with. Let pictures do the talking

DSC08602.jpg

DSC08605.jpg

DSC08606.jpg

DSC08619.jpg

DSC08620.jpg

and let pictures with talking do the rest of talking :-)

https://youtu.be/Ebr2tkqiI-8

Edited by Petr Florianek
2 people like this

I love all the symbolism and iconography- especially, of course, the bees. Lovely piece, Petr.

But you got one thing backwards- "you cannot have mead without civilization" should go the other way around. ;)

forgive my cursing...

Holy Fucking Hells!

The bar has been obliterated...

-Gabriel

Friend Petr, you have truly outdone yourself with this! You have travelled far down a road most of us only play at the beginning of. Masterfully done. B)

Wow Petr just wow. There isn't a thing about this that I don't love completely. The carving is top notch, especially the pommel.

That is just breathtaking, unbelievable Petr! You have really outdone yourself on this one. I remember seeing the first photos of the core bars being welded up and wondered at what you could be making. Not in a hundred years would I have guessed at something like this!

A thousand bows in your direction, I'd give a lot just to hold that in my hands :D

Edit: I just watched the video and the mead hall slider is genius!

Edited by Emiliano Carrillo

Fantastic work Petr... Truly beautiful

But you got one thing backwards- "you cannot have mead without civilization" should go the other way around. ;)

Haha I thought the exact same thing

You sir, are amazing! That is a fabulous piece...you never cease to amaze.

Odin-Bee's !

Wow, Petr. I really like this sword, I sat here staring at it for about ten minutes before even going to comment! The gems and the silver really make the carving look perfect, I can't think of a single thing you could do to make this a better sword.

Absolutely fantastic, Petr! The result of your passion is stunning to say the least. The blade's beauty is matched by the fittings in a way I only dreamed possible! About the edge bars- what is that we are seeing? Is it a laminated edge bar with the core shining through, or the result of auto-differential hardening? I love how the base of the blade is 'grittier', as though the tip has pierced the veil and only farther down does the light not yet penetrate.

You continue to be an inspiration to us all!

John

edit- just watched the video with sound, that explains the hardening lines :)

Edited by John Page

Yup, still want to be Petr when I grow up

Love the theme of the piece. It is as carefully crafted as the sword itself. I love the guards with the bees and the garnets.

So very cool, Petr. Well done, my friend.

Petr - I missed you! Wondered what you were up! This is just amazing. The carving on the bees just blows me away. Don't know what else to say... this is just one of the best swords I have ever seen.

Awesome work Petr!!!

Wow. You hear the phrase, "Sword fit for a king," so often it seems to become a chliche and lose meaning.

You've definitely redefined it. That is truly a work of art.