http://www.bladesmithsforum.com/index.php?showtopic=27605&hl=

I had not realized this blade had been setting around the shop for almost 2 years, waiting for me to notice it.

The blade is 4 3/8" long, composed of 1095 (some of Aldo's old batch with the vanadium) and wrought iron joined together in a wolfstooth weld. The handle is masur birch, and the overall length is a hair over 9 inches. The sheath is made from leather, bronze, and brass. Not much else to say about it, other than I'm glad it is done. There are lots of pictures because I couldn't decide which were my favorites... :)

toothclose_zps7ctjnnhd.jpg

DSCN0254_zpsvryhjrr8.jpg

toothclose2_zpsaefrdglt.jpg

DSCN0260_zpskanlumt5.jpg

DSCN0257_zpsnkxnpfnq.jpg

DSCN0253_zps7pkeua4f.jpg

DSCN0255_zpsxf6kqwqn.jpg

Thanks for looking

Your work really speaks, George. More and more I'm loving toothy blades.

I don't mean to hijack, but has anyone ever seen a wolf's tooth sword? I've seen plenty of spears and seaxes, but never a sword.

that is one sweet knife and sheath. I am taken in by it. The tooling on the leather is very good, and the pattern welding is great.

kc

The use of colors and materials are spot on as always, and that wolf tooth with a bit of auto hamon is awesome! I got some pretty interesting auto hamon from a wolf tooth blade before that followed the wolf tooth but I also had to quench the blade several times, so I dunno if that affected it. Anyway, your sheath work just keeps getting better and better, and I've always especially liked the style of fittings on your sheath, they are unmistakeable as yours!

This piece blows me away. Cross culture, and beautifully executed. I always enjoy seeing your work.

Thank you for sharing.

-Tim

Thanks guys.

Your work really speaks, George. More and more I'm loving toothy blades.

I don't mean to hijack, but has anyone ever seen a wolf's tooth sword? I've seen plenty of spears and seaxes, but never a sword.

I too have seen plenty of wolfstooth seaxes and spears, but I've yet to see it on a sword. Perhaps hiding in the basement of an eastern European museum there is a one-of-a-kind sword...

Edited by GEzell