Al Massey

Some sad news and thanks due...

My mother, Denise Massey, passed away this past week, Sunday morning in fact. She had a long life, with many experiences. She was born in 1924 and lived in occupied France during the war, becoming a member of the Resistance, in the service of which she was wounded, and later, the FFI forces. Although she may have fought for her country, she never learned to hate for it, and throughout her life she saw most of the young men in the field-grey uniforms as victims of war too. She enjoyed life, loved parties, loved to talk with friends and above all, loved making new ones. At the reception in her condominium building nearly 50 people from all walks of life made time to attend. Her mind was sharp and her memory awesome to the end of her life, until the medical condition which put her into the hospital abruptly worsened and she lost consciousness, at which point I had her placed, at her earlier request, into palliative care. I have never done anything more difficult. Thanks to all members of the forum for their support at this time.

You and your family will be in our prayers

You and your family will be in our prayers

Seconded.

My deepest sympathies...

-Gabriel

I am terribly sorry to hear that Al. I hope the good memories of your mother sustain you during your grief.

Some pics of my mom in the '50's.

Oops, forgot pics. Should add, smaller pic on the left is of her at the local hospital auxiliary in the late '80's.

20150728_191546.jpg

20150728_191553.jpg

Edited by Al Massey

Our condolences on the loss of your mom.

Bill & Aline

Sorry for your loss, prayers for you and your family.

my condolences, very sorry to hear this news

i lost my brother last year. I wish there was something i could tell you to make it better.

take care Al

I am sorry for your loss Al. This is one of those times that I am sure we all want to say something, but not one of us can say anything that will make it one darn bit better.

She sounds like an amazing woman with a full life. It also sounds like she will be well remembered, which, in the end, is the most any of us can achieve.

Best...

-Brian

I can't say it any better than Brian. You and your family are in my prayers, Al.

Yep. Sorry, man. You have us, but I know that doesn't help.