Sign in to follow this  
HarrisonIrwin

English Broadsword for sale

I've decided to sell my broadsword. Originally I was making it for myself but I have my eye on a new rifle so I'm putting it up for sale. The sword is 1/4" thick of 5160 has is 30" in blade length ( Not including the tang) it is 2" at the widest and looks gorgeous. Sam Salvati, of Baltimore Knife & sword and the youtube series "Man at arms" ground the bevels with a 12" contact wheel. It is at a 320 grit. I'm asking $215 shipped for the sword blank but I am open to offers so let me know. thanks

So is this forged or "just" ("just", :P ) a grinder project? Heat treated? It's not that I am in dire need of a project......

Geoff

Edited by Geoff Keyes

Hey Geoff!

Haha its "Just" a grinder project B), never been in the forge. No heat treatment just yet, I'm hoping someone wants it and they can heat treat it, my shop is well suited for knives, it just doesn't have the capabilities for a project this long so I'd have to get it professionally heat treated :P. Let me know if you want it, I'll actually be in Duvall this Saturday

Do you know of a heat treater, or how much it would cost to get it heat treated? I'm interested, if I can work out the HT details. Maybe Sam/Baltimore knife can help out.

I have a potential buyer, just waiting on the payment. There is a heat treating company here in Washington state. not sure about elsewhere, I just used google honestly haha

Money order is in the mail