I was going to buy one of the quick and dirty tools power hammers but a smith who recently passed away had just built one in a workshop or build along that quick and dirty runs, and his widow sold it to me. I'm very grateful as I have wanted a hammer or a press for about 5 years now. I didn't even know anybody made tire hammers to sell until about a month ago. It took all day to go up and get it and come back. I just finished getting it into my shop, it weighs about 900 lbs and a friend drove his forklift from about 5 miles away to my house and took it out of my dads truck and into my shop for me.

Of course the shop I picked it up at is full of stuff and I had to buy a swage block that was sitting there. I have wanted one of those for years now ever since seeing Herschel House use one.

I don't think the guy used the hammer, it had tested written on it in chalk.

Hammer in truck.jpg

Here's a picture of the swage block it has to weigh close to 180-200 lbs

Swage block.jpg

Anyway thanks for looking and if you're in the northwest and you're looking for a hammer quick and dirty tools makes them.

Those are some great finds! I'm sure you're going to get a lot of use out of them!