Early Scottish dirk

Scott A. Roush

Hi folks..

I'm putting up for sale this Scottish dirk in an early style that represents the transition between the dudgeon and ballock daggers of the medieval period and the later and fancier formal dirk. It bears a 12 inch high layer damascus blade of 15n20 and 1084. The handle is stained boxwood (Buxus sp.)... a wood traditionally used for these in the Highlands of Scotland. The pommel bears a bronze plate and nickel silver peen block. The scabbard is vegetable tanned leather over a wooden core.

This knife and sheath are now available for purchase. $1000 shipped CONUS. Please contact me with international shipping rates, questions and/or payment instructions.

For further pictures please see the listing on my website: http://www.bigrockforge.com/early-scottish-dirk/

IMG_9021.jpg

IMG_9013.jpg

IMG_9012.jpg

SAR0026.jpg

IMG_9015.jpg

Hi folks..

I'm putting up for sale this Scottish dirk in an early style that represents the transition between the dudgeon and ballock daggers of the medieval period and the later and fancier formal dirk. It bears a 12 inch high layer damascus blade of 15n20 and 1084. The handle is stained boxwood (Buxus sp.)... a wood traditionally used for these in the Highlands of Scotland. The pommel bears a bronze plate and nickel silver peen block. The scabbard is vegetable tanned leather over a wooden core.

This knife and sheath are now available for purchase. $1000 shipped CONUS. Please contact me with international shipping rates, questions and/or payment instructions.

For further pictures please see the listing on my website: http://www.bigrockforge.com/early-scottish-dirk/

IMG_9021.jpg

IMG_9013.jpg

IMG_9012.jpg

SAR0026.jpg

IMG_9015.jpg

This seems to be really nice Scottish dirk

I would do anything for karambit, khukri and other medieval weapons.

I am mad about them.

I had the chance to see this beauty in person over the long weekend. As good a photographer as Scott is, it still doesn't quite do it justice. There is some chatoyance to the blade that just seems to work with the pattern.

I also have to commend Scott on the carving on the handle, it's got a very organic feel to it. It just "fits".