There really isn't much to say that hasn't been said. I know that everyone throws the word "master" around so easily nowadays, but this is truly masterful work Peter. Inspirational to say the very least.

This is an absolutely out of this world sword, yet somehow very much of this world, if you get what i mean :huh:

I almost can't wait to see it in Solingen.

I can't wait to see it in person, and hopefully, to hold it. Your swords have such a fine sense of movement.

Also, I am really appreciating the element of the feminine about this piece. ;)

• 4 weeks later...

wow. i am in awe! until now i have not found myself really attracted to swords much but there are exceptions to every rule and rules to every exception. your sword is truely amazing and it has made me reconsider why im not drawn to swords. fantastic work on all levels.

I am torn between liking the piece as a whole and wanting to break the sensuous pommel off and covet it, possibly wear it on a gold chain and imagine myself as an fierce and elegant african princess (apologies for the weird image ...Thats what the pommel on this sword does to me!)

I had a good time lying on the floor in solengen and looking up at the chatoyance playing along the blade, very alive.

I am very glad that I went to see the show in Solingen, this piece did not come alive to me on a two dimensional picture where as it really did in the flesh.

I would have loved to hold it.....Good Job Peter.

Hey guys!

Thank you for your thoughts and words.

The opening of the exhibition was an intense event and made inte a truly memorable event by all friends that attended. I only wish there would have been more time to spend together.

This project opened doors and I hope to venture into the rooms that wait beyond. There is much work being done in our shared little world of blade smithing that I find exiting and inspiring. One of the really great things with the Xiphos project was that it was both a personal journey as well as a shared experience. This was really rewarding. This kind of individual but at the same time shared projects seems to me to hold great potential.

Perhaps it is possible to bring another kind of attention to our craft this way. Perhaps it is possible to reach out to a wider audience and enthuse those that has previous lot been aware that they may be fascinated by hand forged blades.

And then there is the subject of pommels :-)
-Owen: you have now placed an image in my mind that has started to live a life of its own. -Thank you for that one! :-)

• Like 1