Executioner's axe

R.W. Deavers

Hello all. First off, I'd like to thank admin for allowing me to become part of this wonderful forum. My name is Rob and I've been smithing for a little over five years. So far, I have seen some awesome work. I decided to show my latest piece to get some feedback. The inspiration for this axe came from Resident Evil. I've wanted to do an executioner's axe for quite some time, but I wanted something a little different, so I did some looking on the interweb. I am not a gamer so I never really knew about the tall executioner character in Resident Evil until I stumbled upon the axe in a few pictures.

My axe has a hand forged leaf spring edge welded to half inch thick mild steel plate. The spikes are also from the same plate. The four straps were cut from quarter inch plate and the rivets are hand forged. The axe itself stands at about four feet, and weighs an estimated 40-50 pounds. Just to give a little size reference, I stand at 5'-9". Let me know what you all think.

Axe 1.JPG

Profile shot.JPG

You are NEVER too old to learn something new.

Thanks, and believe it or not, the blade is heavy enough to 'slice' through some smaller logs, like logs about an inch and a half in diameter. I have a video of the axe on Youtube, just look for Axe in Action, but I'm not sure I can post it here.

You are NEVER too old to learn something new.

nice Frankenaxe. Resident Evil was a disturbing game (so I played hundreds of hours before I finally quit gaming altogether, bladesmithing is better).

Huge. freakin' huge. creative, though. Go to youtube and watch Jim Austin's Viking axe vid. Jim is here from time to time, and he is certainly the Axe Guy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQaaS71yfvM

Welcome. I hope you keep showing us your stuff. Fantasy, historical, original, whatever.

take care,

kc

please visit my website http://www.professorsforge.com/

“Years ago I recognized my kinship with all living things, and I made up my mind that I was not one bit better than the meanest on the earth. I said then and I say now, that while there is a lower class, I am in it; while there is a criminal element, I am of it; while there is a soul in prison, I am not free.” E. V. Debs