Update: I'm currently sold out of the small W1 rounds. Not sure when I'll be able to get more since my source seems to be mainly producing the large ones...

It's been a while, but I have another batch of W1 round drops from my local machine shop. This is the same stuff as I've sold before that I've gotten great reviews on, and I have plenty of it (and can get about as much more as I can imagine needing). Because I like you guys, I haven't raised the prices (except for passing along postal price changes) since 2009! :)

I've sorted them into two sizes:

• Large: ~1"x~7" - $3/ea (~130 available right now)
  • Small: ~5/8"x7" - $2/ea (~90 available right now)

I pack them into flat rate boxes for shipment. Here's some pricing (including packing and shipping) for what I can fit into each size flat rate box:

• Small Flat Rate Box of Large W1 Round: 6 pieces - $25
  • Medium Flat Rate Box of Large W1 Round: 20 pieces - $75
  • Large Flat Rate Box of Large W1 Round: 40 pieces - $140
  • Small Flat Rate Box of Small W1 Round: 12 pieces - $30
  • Medium Flat Rate Box of Small W1 Round: 40 pieces - $93 (A bit of a guess on how many fit. Never packed one before)
  • Large Flat Rate Box of Small W1 Round: No clue, never needed to pack one.
  • Small flat rate box of mixed size W1 Round (6 large and 6 small rounds): 12 pieces - $36

I can also pack mixed boxes if you want some of each. I'll give you a total price on a case by case basis on these).

I'll also have some of this steel available for sale this weekend at Ashokan if you want to save on shipping!

-d

Edited by deker

Hi Deker..can I ask a quick question. We have been buying a lot of W1 round from grainger for strikers and I know that specs can vary a bit on it..Is your W1 pretty close to 1% carbon content? Ive no doubt its great steel the only reason I ask is we use W1 to make strikers from and with it the higher the better..thanks for your time

Hi Deker..can I ask a quick question. We have been buying a lot of W1 round from grainger for strikers and I know that specs can vary a bit on it..Is your W1 pretty close to 1% carbon content? Ive no doubt its great steel the only reason I ask is we use W1 to make strikers from and with it the higher the better..thanks for your time

To be honest, I can't say where in the range this steel falls. I'm not certain which supplier the machine shop I source it from buys through, and I haven't had an analysis run myself. I could spark a piece and estimate, but that's not really scientific enough for my taste.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Do you still have large round for sale Deker?

Thanks.

Wes,

I sure do. I'm out of town until the end of the month though so I couldn't ship you any until I get back to the shop. Drop me a PM and let me know what you're looking for and I'll get it packed up for you when I get home.

• 2 months later...