Anyone own or know of a friends cousins uncle who has one of these? I found one on craigslist for 2k. Listed at 3500 from the site. I can tell its variable speed - but doesnt have the motor size listed. im trying to find a great deal used or break down and buy a coote/grizzly havnt decided.

THanks in advance!

I've used 3 of them. One at the NC American Bladesmith's Society school and the other two in friend's shops. I believe if hooked up to 11Ov it's 1.5 hp and to 220v 2 hp. The main thing I liked about it was the surface grinding attachment one of my friends has. I know his runs on a 220v circuit as I ran the circuit for him.

The only thing I've found different/strange to me is the method of tracking it has.

Edited by GBrackett

Depends on how old and what comes with it. Condition has a lot to do with it. I would have to see it running. You want to check tracking and condition of platen surface. Be sure belts run true and everything is aligned.

The vertical to horizontal option is nice. If everything works good and is aligned I would buy it. Make sure everything is included.

well my funds are running really tight if anyone wants this its on craigslist in atlanta area and the dude misspelled it as Wuertz i think... wish i had the 2k! Thanks for the responses guys

actually i guess i have it misspelled LOL

Edited by Gabriel James