Dirk and Sgian Dubh

Richard van Dijk

Hi All

Just finished this Dirk and Sgian Dubh
Dirk blade 13 inch/ 33 cm, Total length 19 inch/ 48 cm, ebony handle with sterling silver fittings and the pommel is set with a 131 ct Citrine
SD blade 4 inch/ 10 cm, total length, Ebony handle with sterling silver fittings set with a 23.5 ct Citrine.
Scabbards made from 3.5 mm veggie tan leather and Sterling silver fittings.

Richard

P1110072.JPG

P1110084.JPG

P1110088.JPG

P1110091.JPG

P1110124.JPG

Edited by Richard van Dijk
  • Like 1

Richard van Dijk
My link

I come here to learn and be inspired, it's easy to to fall into what the locals here expect to see. Buck, Gerber, Schrade, etc.

This is the reason I come to this site religiously. Thank you for sharing and inspiring.

Damn, now I gotta add you to the list of people who make Scottish dirks that I like (you, our own Scott Roush, and the Evans).

The adornment with silver and the citrine are just right for the ebony. Nice pattern welding, as usual.

Your experiences as a jeweler and silversmith shines on these.

great jobs!

kc

please visit my website http://www.professorsforge.com/

“Years ago I recognized my kinship with all living things, and I made up my mind that I was not one bit better than the meanest on the earth. I said then and I say now, that while there is a lower class, I am in it; while there is a criminal element, I am of it; while there is a soul in prison, I am not free.” E. V. Debs

Magnificent...

George Ezell, bladesmith

" How much useful knowledge is lost by the scattered forms in which it is ushered to the world! How many solitary students spend half their lives in making discoveries which had been perfected a century before their time, for want of a condensed exhibition of what is known."
Buffon

view some of my work

RelicForge on facebook