Sign in to follow this  
R.W. Deavers

Carving and GP knife

Here's a project for a friend of mine. He wanted a knife for wood carving and whittling. He showed me a picture or two of a design he wanted and I tried to recreate it with some modifications more suited to his needs. The design called for a lanyard hole in the handle, so I used a piece of copper tubing to go along with the copper pins. I haven't done a really nice blade in a while. Yes, the blade is full-tang forged from spring steel. The overall design is his and I didn't tweak it much. He wanted mahogany scales for the handle, which I never played around with before. This one was partial payment for some computer work I needed done.

PA160009.JPG

Nice. I dig the harpoon point on it. Always liked those.

I agree with Wes. The harpoon point fits well with the whole knife. Overall the blade has a nice flow.

i like this knife shape alot!

nice work. like it much.

small blades like this one are my favorits. what kind of sheath you gonna make for it?

cheers, geko

Thanks, guys. The more I worked on it, the more I wanted to keep it for myself, but I knew it was going to someone that will use it and not abuse it. The hand-feel was perfect before I even started on the handle scales. lol I love when knives do that. As for the sheath, I'm not sure. I do have some old brown leather pistol holsters laying around, so I might do something utilitarian. Yeah, this is one of my top five favorite blade designs.