A First For Me

Well my first time using gold in one of these rings anyway. This ring came from a larger knife billet of twisted jelly roll and standard twist with a high layer core, but after making the steel I put this ring together today inside of six hours. I know I still need to post a WIP thread on making these rings, hopefully after the holidays. But I thought I would share this exciting first, even if gold inlays are pretty boring and this inlay is very basic.

Thanks for looking.

Robert

12191738_1062652750425937_40111977201897

Edited by Robert Burns

I know I still need to post a WIP thread on making these rings, hopefully after the holidays.

This was my first thought when I saw that you posted a ring. Now I'm wanting you to do so even more! That is awesome! :D

I'm waiting to even try until I see your WIP/tutorial. I guess I could at least make up the billet while I wait.

Thanks everyone for the kind compliments, perhaps I should put the acetone down... :D Dan the steel is cupped slightly outward on the edges of the joint, then the liner is press fit and (bezeled?) into place. I basically turning the liner into a partial rivet in essence.